or Connect

Posts by TEPLimey

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackhood I'm working a 50 hour week and trying to finish my course a year earlier than everyone else. As I type this i'm alone in a house that is usually filled with 57 people, they're all at home for Easter with their families and I'm setting my alarm so that I can be at work at 8:30am. All I know is that when my neighbours are having their liver transplants in 10 years, I'll be driving by the hospital in a...
because it was.
Quote: Originally Posted by mystillwater my only Tequila experince has been with Patron Silver. a friend from work always raved about it and one night on a business trip i bought a round of them and really liked it. i'm very interested in trying some other brands. what's the next one i should try? As I've said, El Tesoro and Casa Noble make consistently excellent tequilas. Also look into 1921, although admittedly I'm not crazy about their...
Actually more like $14 more than retail if you buy 3.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton A "romantic" thing to do is go to something at Lincoln Center (opera, symphony, ballet, whatever) and then to Cafe Des Arists after. It is not a foodie temple by any means, but it is open very late and chicks dig it. Short walk, lovely setting. Then walk down CPW and CPS and 7th Ave (NOT 8th!) on the way back to your hotel. Cafe Des Artistes closed last fall, FYI
EC85772 - Free Shipping Code (just used it)
no I didn't.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 None. But seriously, I see many young analysts fresh off college who opt for the "commute minimizing" option when they move to NYC and end up hating their life a lot more than the day they realize that was part of the problem. I always give the opposite advice to people asking me that question. Sacrificing 5 minutes for an awesome location is recommended. Living (for example) in the UES and working in...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Yea - better to live in a depressing midtown neighborhood with nothing going on but bums and trash bags than to add 5 or 10 min a day to your commute to live in a neighborhood that doesn't make you want to shoot yourself when you're done with work. Yea, that's the ticket. Hyperbole is the new black. I'm sure that there is no middle ground between what you're describing and living in the Playboy Mansion but...
Where's your office going to be? The last thing you want to do is have a pain in the ass commute. You can get from point A-B anywhere in Manhattan for under a $20 cab ride on weekends. Do yourself a favor and make your daily trek easier and then worry about nightlife.