or Connect

Posts by NakedYoga

Contingent upon office policies, of course.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 The way she asks seems kind of rude, "first floor please", where as the way you asked seems more friendly. At least that's how I'm reading it it. Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. I assume the girl sort of dismissively "commanded" Goomba, not making eye contact or something, which I'd also find pretty annoying. The funny thing with my encounter was, after I had put my things away, I went back to...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Along the same lines: I was in an elevator yest. and this overweight girl walks in, looks at me and says "1st floor please". My response "I'm not the elevator man". I think my policy from now on is just ignoring the person when they say something like that. I don't get this. I was on the receiving end of this recently in a hotel. I had just checked in and gotten on the elevator to go get...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 I find it bizzare and sad that so much thought goes into whether or not to buy a girl a drink. I also find it bizzare and sad how proud some of you guys are of yourselves that you make it an active, thought-out policy not to buy someone drinks. Not to say it should or must be done for a random girl batting her fake eyelashes at you, but damn dudes, don't you all have better things to think about while pregaming or...
Quote: Originally Posted by tropics woodford manhattan I'm an unrepentant devotee of Woodford Reserve, but a Woodford Manhattan does not sound appealing to me in the least. Does Woodford make a rye?
Quote: Originally Posted by rjt65 NY: I disagree with this as i have a friend who just after 20 years has his wife leaving him and she has one on the side... Lawyer told him (in NY )-- that has nada impact on the divorce alimony etc-- the only issue that could impact her on is the children..... so i woudl assume it really depends upon state laws.... Yeah, I was talking about in my jurisdiction... not sure how it is in New York. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek This is fine if you have significant assets going in to the marriage, but if the bulk of your assets were earned after you got married, then you are screwed. I know this is true where I live, but I thought that in most states you can include a clause in the pre-nup that basically continues the division between "marital" and "separate" property. Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek As for...
He wears his jackets.
AlwaysDressed, dig that sportcoat and the shirt.
Astan, I was sort of in a similar situation as you, having just taken and passed the Bar exam this past July. If your weekdays are currently free, something you might want to try is hanging around your local municipal/city court (or even state court) during sessions of criminal appearances. Wear a suit, bring business cards, have pens and paper, etc. at the ready. You can very likely pick up some clients with extremely simple (to you) legal problems. I'm talking about...