Posts by kolecho

He needs a better tailor.
This Mock Leno/Mocklino weave has shown up in Halstead and Dugdale bunches as well. It is awesome as jacketing.
He's back in Hong Kong soon!
I am with you about staying away from delicate, so-called luxury shirtings. They don't last. Having said that, I still have a lot of my shirts made from Bonfanti 80s cotton poplin. They are robust, not tissue paper thin and actually feels better with wash and use. Sadly, Bonfanti doesn't make them anymore.
That's awesome!
For sale here is a like new Real McCoy's pea coat 1913 model with two hand warmer pockets and two flapped hip pockets. There is a lot of information about RM stuff so I won't bother to elaborate. Suffice to say that it is the best $ can buy as far as military reproduction clothing goes. I bought this a couple of years ago and have only worn it a couple of times (too warm for home weather and too heavy to travel with me). Condition is therefore like new. It has not...
For sale here is a like new Real McCoy's pea coat 1913 model with two hand warmer pockets and two flapped hip pockets. There is a lot of information about RM stuff so I won't bother to elaborate. Suffice to say that it is the best $ can buy as far as military reproduction clothing goes. I bought this a couple of years ago and have only worn it a couple of times (too warm for home weather and too heavy to travel with me). Condition is therefore like new. It has not...
Alden is a dictator
I find it to be neither here nor there. It's not really cool to wear, not that crease-resistant, and the ones I've tried don't drape that well for its weight. I prefer porous wool or linen, or if I need something to stay crisp, wool/kid mohair.