or Connect

Posts by __CB__

^ Good advice. To me there's still some selected pieces (off the top of my head: deck pants, chore coats) that are tough to make work unless you commit to that aesthetic 100%, but (as has been said) I don't see the difficulty in working, say, a chambray, plaid flannel, peacoat or work boots amongst classic American brands. If it's the really idiosyncratic workwear details that are throwing things off, look for designers offering more modern interpretations on these styles.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lachy Op shop = second hand/thrift store. I'm not sure why we call it that though. short for opportunity (hence run by charities). nice pickup on the shirt zissou.
^ Agreed - to me it's more a once or twice a week visit, rather than daily. I dislike the way the site was built too (especially the reliance on popups for features etc). And amen on h(y)r too... the newish one (Simon) can write fairly well, but the others are in dire need of an editor.
Quote: Originally Posted by robin The blogs that are following in their footsteps: hypebeast, slamhype, hyrcollective, selectism, etc. This is true, but men.style.com and the rest of conde nast has hardly been a bastion of great journalism either. And I lol whenever I see any of these people call themselves fashion journalists. The overall standard of writing on men.style.com is head and shoulders above all the other blogs just...
^ Me too. I'd like to see someone outside Japan pick up Old Joe & Co. and Marchercher as well.
^ Jeans are nice.
+1 for Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, food-wise def. my fave show by far. No Reservations and UK Kitchen Nightmares arey pretty good too.
H&M or Gap are the only two I bother with (the latter only at sale prices). Don't know why H&M gets so much flak over quality, my stuff has always held up well - better than some other brands charging several times their prices. Good selection and generally a pretty good fit off the rack too. Gap sizing often runs too big for me, but each season they'll usually have a couple of decent things. Club Monaco ain't too bad - looks like shit if you try'd to wear a full outfit...
Quote: Originally Posted by zissou What's their website? I can't seem to google it. http://www.thehill-side.com/ Curious to see if they expand beyond ties/bandanas.
That Ervell was beautiful. I don't think a backpack is necessarily the right option here either, but if you must buy one, I'd look into Y's Mandarina - http://www.ysmandarina.com/. Nice, clean design.