or Connect

Posts by Joffrey

I have an informational interview scheduled for tomorrow. Actually, that's an overstatement. I'm meeting a junior employee at a company I'd really like to work for for a few beers (he's an acquaintance of a friend). I've done these things before but it's been a while plus I'm a little conflicted about how to approach this. I'm a bit older than him (2-3 years) but have many more years work experience. So really, the reason why I'm meeting with him is to simply find out more...
I've gotten to like the new engines noise. Yes, it'd be nice if they were a little louder but I don't think the wail of the v8s is necessary.
Great race. Lol at Ferrari.
It's obvious the lamborghini was driving too fast. Could the mazda driver shown proper respect and waited for the more expensive car to pass? Yes. The lamborghini driver could arguable have done something similar and driven cautiously since you never know when a thoughtless plebe will turn onto your street. A learning opportunity for all involved.
Woah, you're still alive!
I didn't do any clubs while there last summer but Big in Japan and Plan B are worth a trip for drinks.
I watched several episodes on rerun after I saw Cobie Smuthers on the cover of Maxim and realized she was on the show. Never found it funny.
Somehow lost a ton of progress on one of 4 papers I am writing (and behind on) for my capstone. I'm not even that upset just totally demotivated. Worst part is the sections I lost were written just right and I doubt I'll be able to recreate it. It may wind up better (that's happened before) but goddamn it, what an awful feeling. I think "gutted" is the right word.
Weird finale. The fight with the gang was kind of anti climatic. There wasn't much of foreshadowing that the gang were on Rick's trail. How did Rick head butt the leader when rick was sitting and the leader was standing? Why didn't the pedophile kill the kid or injure him when rick kept advancing? Who shut the rail car door when the whole group got inside? Why did so many gun shots miss rick and co when the snipers had a clear line of sight?
I absolutely hate doing performance plans, but when done well they're very very good and necessary. No less painful though.