Posts by Joffrey

Yesterday, I learned (at a pretty inopportune moment) that my 2000 Galant with ~146000 miles will have to be let go. It's not dead by any means but it'll just cost way over the value of the car to get in solid shape. At the moment it won't hold a charge - not $$$$ fix but I swear I replaced the alternator no more than 2 years ago. Plus there's another $1200+ in fixes it needs (probably a good bit more). Anyway will donate it. I have no immediate plans to buy a replacement...
I've never been in your position and rarely travel alone but based on the bolded, I will have to suggest Italy. I'm not sure how long you're taking off but if long enough I imagine you could rent a car and visit most of the country in a couple of weeks. Milan, Florence, Venice, Rome, etc. Ton's of history, great food, and great clothes.If you want to mix up your countries, you could try the Austria (vienna), Hungary (budapest), and Czech (Prague) trifecta. I'm considering...
I'm pretty certain there are legal consequences if you profit from the lie.
Watched that last night. I agree he was not at his best. I found myself laughing because I wanted him to be funnier than he was. I would give it more of a 3.5/5. Not bad but no where near his best. I gave an extra .5 for all the talent in the first couple of rows.
It's available for rent on Amazon prime...
Haha I doubt it since he was clearly miffed he was overlooked the first time.
I somehow finagled my way out of being overloaded with extracurricular projects. Last week my boss [gently] cornered me and got me involved in a painful IT/CRM related project that I previously knew little about (given a peer here was much more involved and sidestepped for unexplained reasons). Now just moments ago I was asked to get involved in a 2nd IT related project. As these rarely go anywhere and won't lead to any chances to impress the right people, I politely...
Stumbled across Tinariwen on NPR. Pretty great guitar work
About half way through the fictionalized account of Valentino Achak Deng's journey from South Sudan to USA. Very funny and harrowing (frequently at the same time). This is a ginormous book. Just started it for when I want a break from What is the What. A little dry at the moment so I hope things pick up when the political/board room power grabs start.
amusing video but he's kind of a jackass