or Connect

Posts by apropos

Thanks.I got the legs made by a local metal worker to my specs - essentially half inch cold bent steel. They look delicate, but are strong and do not flex or splay with 4 people sitting on the bench. The idea was precisely that it should look delicate, but strong.They are attached to the bottom with a heck of a lot of screws via a plate to which the legs are welded.I'd post a photo, but can't as 1. I'm overseas, and 2. I would probably cause skinny goomba a heart attack.
PAM62 is the cat's meow. Love that watch.
So I had some spare time, and about $60 worth of wood from a salvage yard. [[SPOILER]] The end result:
Sorry, but that is absolutely awful.
Really like the Hiroshima armless chair
What is this, a woodworking kit for ants?!
Hmm, OK.Sometimes I can't help but feel that:1. difficult for the sake of difficult is common in the "high end" of designed items - I mean, what advantage (aside from bragging rights or justifying a high price) does having no weld lines bring to this piece of furniture?2. a lot of furniture on this thread is acclaimed as "great" today because people approach it with the idea that its greatness is a given, and then work backwards from then on to justify why3. so much...
Is it comfortable? It does not look comfortable. All that talk about cane and the esoteric techniques needed to form the steel parts (come on) sounds like rationalisation to me.