or Connect

Posts by apropos

TBH, i don't think you've done much looking then.
vomit. everywhere.
NS, thanks for providing a bit of backstory. It makes a bit more sense. You have already ticked the boxes; clearly there is no obligation to adhere to what we think as you are sort of at the medtech level of watch collecting. I misread the nipple dial as a Sub, not the GMT - fair enough. I would rock a nipple-dialled Sub for giggles, but the GMT is sort of like a younger Kardashian I guess - i.e. who really gives a f*ck? Good gracious, three Heuer Autavias? In your...
To paraphrase PG (remember him??) - Exackery. On a related note, the new 15202 (different colour date window to example above) is IMO superb, and I may have started saving already for it... Honestly do not think it is a good idea to trade 3 watches, each superb in their own right, for (IMO) the watch equivalent of baconaise, or a hot pink Ferrari.Think about it - IMO as a "design icon" it fails (a PG version of a luxury steel watch??), as a sports watch it fails (croc...
NS - oh dear is all I will say.
I guess the takeaway lesson here is that designer furniture is really not necessarily "better made" than regular furniture, huh. Despite the hype about it, that is.
medtech - the FPJ Resonance without a shadow of doubt.
Ding ding ding - good counterpoint. 10 points to Gryffindor.
In addition to the reasons listed above (branch of large company making cheap watches, etc) by others, I will add 2 more.Making a watch is obviously a much more complicated process than making a jacket. Two (skilled) people with a needle and an iron could order a roll of cloth off the interwebz and make a jacket. A watch, not so easy - which is why production is dominated by large corporations.The small watch ateliers who are able to bring everything in-house or close...
Thanks B for your thought out reply. I just read through my previous post and I sound like an asshole. I wrote it in the early hours of the morning (see the timestamp) and was trying to say it all in an off the cuff manner, but whatever my intentions it came across pretty wrong, and I apologise for any offence caused.Major facepalm on confusing Seagull and BWF. Major facepalm. No walking away from that, definitely have egg on my face.I appear to have misinterpreted your...