or Connect

Posts by apropos

You classy, classy guy.
Movado and B&M are dead in the water. They are nice, not unattractive, and quirky in their own way but it's like comparing Amy Schumer to, I don't know, Gisele Bundchen or Gal Gadot. Or Kate Upton. The Tag is Rebel Wilson. Enough said.Rolex trumps Omega for SS time only or time + date watches IMO despite the latter marque's HEAVY advertising push in the last 5 years - they just feel better made (most noticeable in the bracelet & clasp), have a better story, more visible...
I'd keep:Sea DwellerDaytonaOysterquartzGMT MasterI could come up with a whole bunch of solid reasons why I'd do so, but TBH it all comes down to "I like the way they look" and "there's no overlap that way".
Foo, has your flos IC lamp arrived yet?
Man, wow. Great watch.
A big part of the problem is that we have a lot more options to spend that 10% on. It's not just furniture, but also media servers, mobile phones, tablets, etc
^ Yeah. Sorry to belabour the point, but "intimidated" by a forum thread? Yeah, I'm sitting at my keyboard, just terrified of posting on an internet thread. Seriously? WTF is this world coming to? Just slowly wade your way through it over, IDK, maybe a month or so? You'll be so much richer in terms of knowledge at the end of it. Fuck instant gratification, it never results in anything good or worthwhile. Then again, I guess SF is a business after all. The bottom line...
Would you have paid that much for your car if it didn't have that fancy brand name on it? Or if it wasn't associated with a certain degree of luxury/cachet/whatever? I could buy a better Lexus for less! It might be more comfortable too.Not trying to be an egregious dick here, but the arguments you deploy(ed) earlier can just as easily be redirected against XYZ aspect of your or anyone's life.Most of us here are of limited means, and we allocate these limited resources on...
Piobaire, why do you have this chip on your shoulder? If you think he is deluded, let him be. I don't, but there are others who can learn from him. Unloveable as he may be at times, there is actually an overarching theme to his choices - which he has explained multiple times. Just because you can't or won't understand his POV doesn't invalidate it. The last few pages remind me of the tonal vs atonal debate - yeah there are those who feel that music should sound...
LA Guy, Why are you trying to fix, that which is not broken. Unless there is some compelling software reason this thread should become a forum, let it be. I don't think we should cater to the lowest common denominator by having a FAQ, because not only will it stifle the thread somewhat, there is no universally correct answer when it comes to watches. By stifle I mean that instead of people posting answers which often leads to interesting side-conversations, dicks will...