or Connect

Posts by apropos

Vacuum press is a common, good way to apply veneer. Looks like maple burl to me.
Pulling tacks out is easy, pulling them out without making further marks can be a bit tricky. Filling hole is easy, doable by all except the most ham fisted. Re-stringing the cane is much much much more difficult, and I would advise you get a professional involved there.
Hi all, Up for sale today - a few ties that just are not seeing any useā€¦ All in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. Prices are in USD/AUD. Shipping to Australia is included in the price, add $10 for shipping to CONUS, add $7 to ship to Asia, combine items to save on shipping. Payment via PP (or bank transfer for Australians). 1. Luciano Barbera lined 3-fold tie, grey/brown/pale yellow check pattern, subtle & suits a navy suit perfectly. 100% birdseye cashmere with very soft...
I'll see your GP Fiat chrono, and raise you a GP Ferrari SS chrono!! (LOL) Seriously though, GP makes some nice watches.
[quote name="Kid Nickels" url="/t/36253/the-watch-appreciation-thread/26500_100#post_6743197"also this is ridiculously awesome... what model?[/quote]Well, this is awkward. I don't think it's real. As in... not genuine, fake-o, forgery, counterfeit, sham.I just google imaged 'patek roman' and that was the first image - didn't even notice the crown. I'm pretty sure they didn't make a basic Calatrava with an onion crown....awwwwkwaaard! It's a pretty nice watch IRL -...
Actually, "IIII" has always been canonical. It balances the dial.And thanks guys for all the kind comments re: my Reverso engraving. TBH I was a little afraid the first time I posted pics that there would be resounding/awkward silence because taste of course differs from person to person. Like for example I appreciate a Maloof rocking chair or a Emin piece but no way would I want one in my home.But people appear to genuinely like it, and it makes me feel like a flower - a...
TWAT must be obeyed... Image clickable for gargantuan version...
Between the RO and Nautilus, I much prefer the RO. It may just be me, but while the colour of the Nauty is nice, I prefer the texture of the RO. BTW, not sure if anyone noticed, but my Reverso engraving made it into the Oct issue of The Rake magazine!! Can post a capture if anyone is interested.
Guys - Invicta, really? Really?
Excellent.