or Connect

Posts by apropos

Up for sale is a really awesome coat that is sadly too large for me. Barbour “Sapper Wool Jacket”. It was a limited edition released (I think) end 2011, and I purchased last year, paid $400 for it, and am quite sad to have to let it go. I’ve kept it around hoping that I could maybe layer up and then try wearing it on top, but sadly I just have to face up to the fact that it’s a size too big for me, and it will just continue to lie there in storage. I’ve literally tried...
Up for sale is a really awesome coat that is sadly too large for me. Barbour “Sapper Wool Jacket”. It was a limited edition released (I think) end 2011, and I purchased last year, paid $400 for it, and am quite sad to have to let it go. I’ve kept it around hoping that I could maybe layer up and then try wearing it on top, but sadly I just have to face up to the fact that it’s a size too big for me, and it will just continue to lie there in storage. I’ve literally tried...
+1
Jay-sus moo, you've come a long way. 2 thumbs up.
Not sure what the OP was after - there are no "real" or "imitation" NATOs, just differing standards of quality, like any other strap.I can tell you what you want to look for in a NATO:- quality steel hardware- low profile hardware - so they're not swinging in the breeze and catching on things- thicker fabric - thicker is better this time- well finished edges, well made/finished tang holes- and don't confuse NATO with ZULU straps! (Google this)...and other things to...
That's pretty nuts. File that under "straight to auction, then investor's safe thereafter" IMO.
Congrats scottcw! Perhaps one day in the future I'll join you with a moonphase.
For me, the biggest component of the appeal of the O&J watches is their design. I've thought a bit about why their designs appeal to me, and my initial impulse was to chalk it up to them having some sort of je ne sais quoi with a "contemporary" or "modern" flavour. That they fit into "modern life" well, or something like that.When I thought about it a little bit more, I realised this could not be true. We've seen examples of this sort of (industrial) design before, in the...
To my eyes, on my screen - I think it looks very nice.IMO/FWIW, you could probably get away with a lighter patterned olive green pocket square.[See Henry Carter - I'm not always a negative nancy. ]
FWIW, the tattoos on the back of the girl actually say "happy endings". Yes it is mine, and yes it was just engraved by JC Randell, who was an absolute pleasure to work with. See below for more details regarding this.Why the hate stitches??? Hehehehehe. Thanks guys, your kind words are really much appreciated. To put things in perspective, the entire engraving is barely the size of a quarter. And FWIW every one of the 70-80 leaves on the tree has a unique leaf "vein"...