or Connect

Posts by apropos

No, that's a false dichotomy - an acknowledgement of why some watches have a simpler/broader appeal than others is not the same as saying all watches are equally attractive or even attractive. Introducing some more reference points is not the same as relativism.
I used to think that certain brands = douche brands and avoid accordingly, but over time I've come around to a different view, which succinctly expressed is: there are no douche watches, only douches who wear them.Yes, certain brands hold more appeal for douches than others - e.g. IWC, Rolex, PAM - but this is part a function of their simplicity in accessibility both in terms of price, design, and marketing ethos, as opposed to some inherent brand douchiness. As opposed to...
Very nice! Congratulations are in order. I tried on the GP some time ago, but decided the case was a little too thick for me. A shame as I really liked its face. I hope both watches bring you much joy, and always a smile to your face with the passage of time.As for your haikus... let me share something I've come to realise over the last few months.I know that I've been less than complementary towards PAM in the past (scathing, actually), so this is going to sound weird -...
What he doesn't realise is that Rubinacci pocket square which is #4 on his tumblr, and which will be the "single pocket square for the rest of my life" has... machine-rolled edges. (cue the discordant violins) 70eur for the privilege of owning a shitty machine-made pocketsquare! Given the original poster of those images actually went to the effort of doing loving closeups of the rolled edges, I'd say a few people have much to learn still...
A watch blog recently answered your very question quite comprehensively - http://thesydneytarts.blogspot.com.au/For me the standout in terms of looks will have to be:Details on this exact model are a little sketchy at present, but it's expect to retail around $3000 AFAIK. 41mm, so large but not overly large too IMO.Finally, avoid the B&Rs mentioned on the blog, they look like JLC Deepsea ripoffs IMO.
Cheaper with better quality than hst - http://www.schneiderknopf.de/shop/page/2?sessid=1Wqz4n412T40WkV63XORssVmVa6WWyjTboj69LoGedTkaRr8rJt1AQQ6aBI3iW7p&shop_param=...but minimum order needed (25 ea min)
In the spirit of charity started by LonerMatt, if anyone wants a copy of manton's The Suit, I've also got a copy that I'll send over for the price of shipping it. (Also, I've got a wicked Barbour jacket FS in my sig, heh heh. )
At the risk of sounding even more pedantic, it was a conscious effort on manton's part to mimic the same format, writing style, and the methods of arguments as The Prince.
I'll offer a contrasting response to the many replies that you have gotten so far.What the books recommended so far will "teach" you (or at least attempt to do so) is a set of rules which if you follow will be guaranteed a minimum level of "taste". They are written by older men who are all successful in a conventional way, come from broadly similar backgrounds (educated, white, upper middle class) and this is reflected in their choice of clothes. This may or may not be...
IMO the single turnups are fine, especially in the context of the MC aesthetic. Unless you're a fan of tissue paper denim, don't think the pronounced chunkiness of a multi rollup is going to gel well with HC's sleeker MC aesthetic.