or Connect

Posts by apropos

Cheaper with better quality than hst - http://www.schneiderknopf.de/shop/page/2?sessid=1Wqz4n412T40WkV63XORssVmVa6WWyjTboj69LoGedTkaRr8rJt1AQQ6aBI3iW7p&shop_param=...but minimum order needed (25 ea min)
In the spirit of charity started by LonerMatt, if anyone wants a copy of manton's The Suit, I've also got a copy that I'll send over for the price of shipping it. (Also, I've got a wicked Barbour jacket FS in my sig, heh heh. )
At the risk of sounding even more pedantic, it was a conscious effort on manton's part to mimic the same format, writing style, and the methods of arguments as The Prince.
I'll offer a contrasting response to the many replies that you have gotten so far.What the books recommended so far will "teach" you (or at least attempt to do so) is a set of rules which if you follow will be guaranteed a minimum level of "taste". They are written by older men who are all successful in a conventional way, come from broadly similar backgrounds (educated, white, upper middle class) and this is reflected in their choice of clothes. This may or may not be...
IMO the single turnups are fine, especially in the context of the MC aesthetic. Unless you're a fan of tissue paper denim, don't think the pronounced chunkiness of a multi rollup is going to gel well with HC's sleeker MC aesthetic.
Nice casual look HC, though IMO jacket is more suiting as opposed to jacketing.
Up for sale is a really awesome coat that is sadly too large for me. Barbour “Sapper Wool Jacket”. It was a limited edition released (I think) end 2011, and I purchased last year, paid $400 for it, and am quite sad to have to let it go. I’ve kept it around hoping that I could maybe layer up and then try wearing it on top, but sadly I just have to face up to the fact that it’s a size too big for me, and it will just continue to lie there in storage. I’ve literally tried...
Up for sale is a really awesome coat that is sadly too large for me. Barbour “Sapper Wool Jacket”. It was a limited edition released (I think) end 2011, and I purchased last year, paid $400 for it, and am quite sad to have to let it go. I’ve kept it around hoping that I could maybe layer up and then try wearing it on top, but sadly I just have to face up to the fact that it’s a size too big for me, and it will just continue to lie there in storage. I’ve literally tried...
+1
Jay-sus moo, you've come a long way. 2 thumbs up.