or Connect

Posts by apropos

What model of reverso is that?
Congratulations on your owning a (very) rare bird - GGs are rare by any measure, and I have yet to see this model IRL.
Hmm. Disagree about the Tank being effeminate. Have sympathy for RogerP's views re: compensation. Not sure why coloured gold = girly. Agree re: AT, it straddles the awkward no man's land of "all in one" watch (dressy sport, sporty dressy) better than most. Datejusts are certainly far, far, far more ubiquitous than ATs, but perhaps the vast variations in dials, bezels, bracelets help offset the commonality a bit... Only situations where I think observing service...
To rewelt the machine welted soles we are talking about you need a Goodyear welting machine, so all that skill is for nought without access to said machines.AFAIK no one in SA (or Australia for that matter) hand welts shoes.
Erm, you do realise that a custom, completely hand-made strap from Paris (CF, or ABP) will be less, right?We've been discussing that recently over on the Watch Appreciation thread - answer is every 5-10 years or when something goes wrong. An anecdote to illustrate - I had a 50 year old Omega Constellation serviced for the first time in its life last year. Just 1 gear needed to be swapped, and a new winding stem. That was all. Now it's back in COSC spec. And another - a 20...
Am pretty sure the CPCP LC Tank XL is sized 30 x 39.2mm.
The OC "standard" as per Apparel Arts is just below the knee, but along with indoor heating, miniskirts and bikinis progress has also led to the shortening of OC hems. Mine - as is standard with most OTR OCs nowadays - is just above knee. It's an unlined number from Phineas Cole, which suits perfectly the warmer Australian clime. I think some more fashion forward OTR OCs are mid-thigh now, and if you are of slighter build I imagine this trend would work to your benefit...
Dark/mid grey melange, with a mid-grey suit worn under. Shirt is light blue end on end weave, tie is navy basket weave silk-wool.
Was rummaging through an old memory card from a dead camera and found this -
No, that's a false dichotomy - an acknowledgement of why some watches have a simpler/broader appeal than others is not the same as saying all watches are equally attractive or even attractive. Introducing some more reference points is not the same as relativism.