or Connect

Posts by apropos

Ah, but remember the fires that burn the hottest and brightest, also burn the fastest......Mama mia!!Also: [[SPOILER]]
Yeah, product placement... mehhhhhhh. I found that collab a little less than inspiring. Another more effective example of JLC product placement was with Adrien Brody in The Pianist - from the first 2 minutes of the show:
It's simple really.Independents mostly fall into 2 distinct categories - breathtakingly expensive unique pieces or recased ebauches. The latter are often in case designs mimicking the successful models released by other established brands.The former group precludes most folk for obvious reasons ($$$, or lack thereof), ditto for the latter group (zilch resale value, zilch integrity).The ones that don't quite fall into either category - e.g. Nomos for low-mid end, Dornblueth...
This particular Tag is actually worth considering. Don't stop at the name!
Don't take yourself so seriously! Life is to be enjoyed. Tacky things can be fun things... in the right context. You can't always tick all the boxes, and if you want to go hardcore purist you'll either have an empty watch box due to lack of funds, or more likely... lack of "true" horological integrity out there. Not everyone can have a Comex Submariner next to a Daytona 6265 next to a Patek perpetual calendar chrono next to a Dufour Simplicity next to a Duometre.I spend my...
Oh wow. Oh wow wow.
That is kosher, a known (less common!) variation. You have correctly pointed out they pass MO as well.
Stolidly logical conclusions, but the original premise is flawed. A stool will take up the same footprint, have arguably less visual impact, and weigh less. Perhaps be more useful too as I don't think most people are happy to shift 85 pounds while in an awkward semi-seated/squat position to pull their chairs in/out. Just doesn't make sense as a pragmatic choice.
...and in other news, the new (manufacture) Cartier Tank MCs fail to blitzkrieg their way into my feelings... Meh. http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/sneak-peek-a-very-early-look-at-the-cartier-tank-mc-the-new-tank-with-manfacture-movement Disproportionate seconds subdial! Date!
Can I play too?And the original correct 10-sided crown, which I am still trying to find someone to replace the gasket within for me...I am sorry, but there are a few things off with your watch. You may or may not be aware of this.I understand that this is a heirloom and hence there will be a degree of personal sensitivity around it - so I have placed my comments below in "spoilers".These comments may be helpful at the very least to those who are interested in dipping their...