or Connect

Posts by apropos

I might just add as well that there are few other things - I've tried to simplify it as much as possible.Fibres are twisted into yarn/thread, which in turn is woven into fabric. To make it more complicated sometimes multiple threads are twisted into a single yarn - 2-ply, 3-ply, etc.1. The Super rating refers to the fine-ness of the fibres used to make up the threads (yarn) - this is often advertised. Higher Supers often go hand in hand with lighter fabric weight, as the...
In my humble opinion, the Reverso line suffers from a bit of an identity crisis. There are simple time only ones, large chunky "sporty" ones, large complicated ones, and a couple of variations of the slim to slimmer cases. The styling runs the gamut from elegant to staid to futuristic. And then there are quartz movement bearing ones too. Some have solid casebacks, others have display casebacks, and still others have dual faces. It makes it difficult in my opinion for...
Man, those prices are a rip.
What are the advantages of planing over sanding?
Thanks. Am curious - is the shine due to a coating on the leather?
Anyone have any recommendations based on personal experience for a good briefcase? Thinking mid-dark brown leather, single gusset, sleek as opposed to rugged, no need for shoulder strap. $1000-ish budget, but flexible. So far the Frank Clegg leather zip top (available locally only at Double Monk it appears) seems the best contender, but I am a cheapskate at heart... and so uncomfortable with the fact that DM charges a 25% premium for really... nothing at all. Subsiding...
Shipping to Australia only. Shipping overseas - contact me and we might be able to work something out. T1. Stovel & Mason Savile Row tie. Width: 3.25”, length 59”, weight: medium-heavy. Price: $25 shipped. T2. Vanda Ties shantung silk striped tie. Maroon with navy-white stripe. Textured raw silk is perfect for warm weather. True six-fold construction with hand rolled edges. Width: 3.5”, length 57”, weight: medium. Price: $55 shipped T3. Vanda Ties shantung silk...
Prices shown for shipping to Australia only. Shipping overseas - contact me and we can work something out. W1. Eulit Kristall Perlon straps – unused, perfect for summer, breathable plastic, infinitely adjustable size. Black and forest green come together as one package, the metal buckle can be swapped between them. Width: 20mm (but will compress to fit 18-19mm lug widths as well, length: up to 26cm (can be be shortened to any length) , hardware: stainless steel. Price:...
200 year old all original shellac finish... I have a bridge you may want to buy.
Shellac is a shit finish. There - I said it. It is poorly resistant to moisture, poorly resistant to heat, poorly resistant to wear. It is difficult to apply well, and really there are only 2 advantages to using shellac - it's easy to take off/refresh/repair, and has superb transparency.