or Connect

Posts by apropos

While driving to work this morning, I looked down - and was suddenly reminded of a recent TWAT theme...
On a more positive note re: limited editions - I kind of like this one: Think it will look fantastic on a whiskey perforated cordovan strap. Is it odd that I like I more than the non-LE? It's almost cheap enough anyway to be an impulse purchase. Hmm.
Where's the wick?
It's actually literally known as a octagonal door knob, sometimes the prefix Victorian or Edwardian is added. There are tons of them out there, modern repros are similar quality to real antique ones. Some of the better British made modern repros come unlacquered so that they will start gaining patina from the get go.
I like...- the hands, and the way they align perfectly on the minute markers or the hour dots.- yes that is a gangreserve, on a manual winder. Which makes perfect sense to me. The off centre-ness makes sense to me and I feel it balances out the branding opposite to it.- the little splashes of colour on the silver dial, as opposed to a coloured dial.- the lugs are different, a bit more rounded looking? I like them. Afaik other nomos have more angular lugs.... So yeah,...
Has anyone seen the new Nomos Metro in the flesh? If so, any opinions? I think it's quite handsome in a quiet way. Sort of like the colour scheme though I'm sure some will find it a bit off putting. Diameter at 37mm may appear a bit small(er) at first glance but because of the thin bezel it will wear larger I'm sure. Just looking for RL handling feedback/experience from anyone, if possible. Can only think of one drawback right now - movement is obviously a little...
In a way he never was a HM buyer, so sour grapes and all that...
What's your point? A markup of 70% on $500 is still way less than a markup of 70% on $5000. Plus you get the moral satisfaction that you're not paying for some prime real estate showroom wankery, etc etc.
Anyone have any experience with using Arne Jacobsen AJ lamps for bedside use?
Akatsuki, there are lady Omega Constellations in many different smaller sizes, both with mechanical movements and accursed quartz ones. There are some interesting watches for ladies from Nomos as well.