or Connect

Posts by apropos

I'll butt in here.I try not to listen to analists, they're mostly on crack, but every once in a while they suggest something I can get behind.
Anyone have experience with the Flos IC S1 pendant lamp? Am thinking of getting 2 for a central hallway in an otherwise quite traditional Victorian worker's cottage. The lamp in question is the smaller one, 20cm diameter.
I've met people to whom the feeling of getting a "deal" in a transaction is the *most* important element of the transaction. That VC is a typographic dog's breakfast. Sorry, not a fan. The fact that it's actually not even working is a huge blessing IMO. How the heck does an unused watch even stop working??
I liked it overall. Would go back. I really enjoyed the Doig exhibit, especially as I had never heard of him before. The ethnographic exhibits were nice, but I wish there was a bit more information about what I was looking at. The Africa exhibit was simultaneously exciting and depressing. It was too windy to enjoy the sculpture park. Shame, as the weather was otherwise pretty much perfect. It was busy as all hell - too busy actually to properly enjoy the experience; the...
Today I wandered into a museum - Louisiana, in Denmark.Got to thinking about the many beautiful things in (say) Ikea made less beautiful by their common-ness.Very quickly got somewhat depressed.
Sorry if I was unclear. They disparage the big auction houses from time to time, yet simultaneously blanket coverage vintage watches - perfect lead in to setting up their own auction site it would seem.I seem to recall that some time back there was also some coverage of some overpaid European - with a name worthy of a Bond villain - who made a living selling watches to even richer people via (?) Christies moving on to set up an new "independent" auction firm... not sure if...
No wonder now the occasional snarky comments on the big auction houses on the H, and the constant coverage (shilling?) of vintage watches.
Thanks.I got the legs made by a local metal worker to my specs - essentially half inch cold bent steel. They look delicate, but are strong and do not flex or splay with 4 people sitting on the bench. The idea was precisely that it should look delicate, but strong.They are attached to the bottom with a heck of a lot of screws via a plate to which the legs are welded.I'd post a photo, but can't as 1. I'm overseas, and 2. I would probably cause skinny goomba a heart attack.
PAM62 is the cat's meow. Love that watch.
So I had some spare time, and about $60 worth of wood from a salvage yard. [[SPOILER]] The end result: