or Connect

Posts by lucubrator

A question that hasn't been addressed in the last few pages... Has anyone used any of the HK tailors for more casual non-wool suits? I've got this strange desire to have a 3-piece corduroy suit, and will probably want a seersucker one once the weather starts warming up. I've been to Chan and Yao before for wool suits and of course the quality has been great but I'm a bit hesitant to pay their workmanship costs for a couple of fun / casual suits. Any recommendations?
Quote: Originally Posted by Deep30hz Thanks for a the replies. So I looks as though on the double FIH the large blade goes UNDER the two pass overs and not between them? Or is it a matter of ppersonal preference? I've seen some vids that has it going between them. The Prince Albert, Victoria and Double FIH seem the same to me. In my experience Prince Albert means under the two pass overs and Victoria means between them. I've never heard the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Star Rolex would never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever drop their prices even if the cost of raw materials was free, labour decided to work for the love of it, and the Swiss franc collapsed against the US (assuming most sales are in $USD and then transfered into Swiss....Assuming demand is inelastic as it seems, a few $US dollars would translate into many Swiss...
Will they order sizes for you if they don't have them in stock? I found some good prices on items that I liked in the store, but everything was in XL or XXL. To top it off, these are things that they aren't selling via their online store.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball FWIW, Yao's shirt was made by Ascot Chang. Interesting. Even for the made to measure shirtings? So Yao just takes the measurements, sends them to Ascot Chang, and then attaches his own label to them? It seems like a roundabout exercise. If that's the case, the next time I'll just go to Ascot Chang and have them made, there was one very close to my office! Would have saved me the 30 minute trek to Yao's...
I was recently on a trip to Hong Kong as well, and had a three-piece suit made by Chan and a set of 8 shirts made by Yao. Yao's shirts will cost you about $80 each, and he was able to get my order out pretty quickly. I was really pleased with the construction and fit of the shirts, so I do recommend Yao for your shirtings. For the Chan suit, I paid about $1750 for a three piece suit done in Scabal 130. For $1500, I believe you can get a two piece in Loro Piana or...