or Connect

Posts by Mathew J

Quote: Originally Posted by uiriamu How much do Allen Edmonds shoes stretch width-wise? Just got a pair of dark brown Allen Edmonds 5th Avenues in 9.5 C (same last 5 as the popular Park Avenue). All the proportions are great except my toes on my left foot seem to be a touch wider so the shoes pinch a bit against my toes (the balls of my feet fit nicely) Is this a deal breaker, or can I expect the shoe to stretch and widen or break in more...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint ouch. sorry to read your shoe fit mis-fortune. Hope you charged the guy extra for your blood when you sold them. LOL, thankfully there was none on the shoes as I was quick to get out of them and they stayed clean.
Thanks all, actually the shoes were not only tearing up my heel but also the top of my big toe, I sold them off and now am onto a pair of 5th aves...my only concern is the #5 last which is meant for a long narrow foot which isn't what I have, just that everything with a last that might be right isn't my style (weybridge are close)
Quote: Originally Posted by hth2002 If it still doesn't break in, you can take the shoes to a shoe cobbler to stretch it in the toebox. Thanks HTH, I know you gave me advice before and I appreciate it, the good is that I am most certainly a 10.5 E.... The 11E's I had in the past were too big, I figure the additional length made the ankle hole bigger and pushed the laces forward thus allowing the two flaps of leather to close. The 11D's I...
Thanks timeless, So yeah I looked for EE but found nada, plus most of what I consider the "good" Allen Edmonds styles are on the 5 last...only a few on their 8.... With the 10.5Es I think they will stretch a bit when I wear them, like I said they aren't tight now but they aren't as lose as the crappy shoes I am used to (Some Florsheim Bretts) and I am just not used to it yet, plus don't want them to start tearing up the back of my heel even though I slide a little in...
3e is too big, the 10.5 e works but if you look at their table for the lasts this particular one says for long thing feet...the 3e's the two flaps touch on them and they feel loose and floppy, these are just snug....
So Picked a pair of fith aves up at the retail store today on sale, 10.5 E, overall they seem to fit well, my only worry is my one bigger foot is a little bit tight on the side where my little toe is but it isn't painful or anything, just not as lose as on my other foot....but in reading about lasts on AEs page it seems the best for a wide foot is the 8 or 7 last...limits choices a bit. Wondering if other wide foot people have used the 5 last, one shoe salesman said...
So I only have tried the 10.5 EEE not the E, I sized myself out as the E but wonder how much of a real difference there is in AEs between the two sizes, with the EEE in a Hale made on the 8 last I can fit my whole index finger into the back of the shoe while on and it just feels loose, I will go to a place today and see if they have an E in stock and try both feet this time, just stinks because I wanted somewhere with a knowledgable sales person who could assist, if I...
No, so I haven't tried that size yet and kick myself for not...when I was at AE Natick last week trying sizes the guy had me try an 11D (already knew wouldn't fit) and then he pulled a 10 1/2 E and a 10 1/2 EEE and I only tried the EEE and only on my one larger foot, after I walked out the door I was convinced I was an EEE and ordered those, the went to Kohls (only place which seems to have a brannock device available for public use) when I started to think about size...
So it is interesting, I have used the device myself and have had the associates use it in the store... most of the time when they do it they never check the width, only the length...some tell me I am a size 10 1/2 others a Size 11.....when I was measured at Allen Edmonds in Maine I was told to be either an 11D or a 10 1/2 EEE....when measured most recently at a retail AE I was just told I was 10 1/2. However when I used the device myself I came out with 10 1/2...