or Connect

Posts by Mathew J

Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac I have a similar fit problem with some AEs, and I have D width feet. The ankle opening kinda flops open like that. I suggest trying other brands. Try finding a sleek shoe which is made in widths, going up one size and in the max width available. For example, Crockett Jones Belgrave in F width, in a larger length than normal. On the other hand, is it uncomfortable? If not, you might just want to wear...
Quote: Originally Posted by braised Why don't you tie the shoe and close the facings so that they fit better around you ankles? Do you need a baby sitter? B Tried that, this picture was before I straight laced them and cranked them down...still had a gap that was pretty bad.
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint Goodness man, your feet are wider than a triple E? I hope (for your sake) they don't resemble these. You may need either bespoke shoes or surgery. Pretty spot on, and on a brannock I only measure out as a 10.5 E or an 11D when I read it but for whatever reason my feet are odd.
So I am losing it, tried a buch of different Allen Edmonds, the Park Ave, Fifth Ave, Strand, Weybridge, Hale....none of them "fit" I wonder if it is worth it to go back to the store, tell them to resize me and try again.... I started with a pair of 10.5EEE hales, they were too wide laced closed and then were kinda sloppy Picked up a pair of 10.5E fifth aves, those the sides were tight and figured blisters were going to be mandatory. Swapped them for 10.5EEEs in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac Don't know what you quite mean by adjustment. You still don't seem to know your size. If you are 10.5E or 11E, you need to buy shoes in that size. Once you have bought your size and still have problems, let us know what those problems are. Hi, So I mean mentally, I have grown accustomed to large and incorrectly fitting shoes and now trying to transition into ones which fit better I find it alot...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba loafers might work better for you. Well fitting dress shoes will be more comfortable over a long period of time, and the single soles like you have there will take a couple days to wear in to being comfortable. After a few months you wont even feel like you're wearing any shoes. I have loafers i've worn in that feel like slippers. Thanks, I tried some loafers but they never seem to work, either...
Quote: Originally Posted by philosophe You need to try different makers and different lasts (shoe shapes) to find the best fir for your foot. The AE Park Ave is one of their longer lasts; other shoe models have rather different proportions. I would start by going to a store with a good selection of quality shoes. Go later in the day (when your feet are larger) and try on as many different shoes as possible. Nordstrom is usually a good place to...
So I have never really owned a nice pair of shoes in my life (well putting aside a pair of Allen Edmonds Burtons I picked up in the wrong size at super discount which weren't comfortable), Througout my youth I wore sneakers and somehow was misinformed and told to buy a size 12, looking back I believe it was because I had a wide foot and that was the only size in which the width started to really increase... After that I continued to buy dress and non sneakers in that...
Quote: Originally Posted by hth2002 All the other AE lasts should provide more toe room. The 5 last is the most narrow and pointed last. And ironically one of their most popular
no 10.5E....oh well