or Connect

Posts by Mathew J

I actually agree with Mafoofan, personally I wouldn't opt for either of those two however if my arm was twisted I would go Omega simply because I dislike virtually everything Breitling does from a style perspective, then again that is subjective. However the IWC 7 day port or the Speedy pro are much nicer coices IMHO. Though for the IWC I prefer the white blue dial like this: (Not my pic) Not at all a fan of that Rolex GMT...a classic but never liked the multi...
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia Beautiful watch. Unless the watch is task specific (and used as such), I find many watches are too busy even though I may respect the complication. Like a woman trying too hard with too much makeup. I can respect that, I have a Diver watch also with a Rolex Sub and there are times when I find it a bit of a waste given that I don't dive...I loved the cream/blue of the Omega but always toy with...
Quote: Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 have to agree with this- finally got the explorer but have grown a little disenchanted with it. its to do with the size and lack of, for want of a better word, solidity. i had got used to wearing the speedmaster and that does feel like a lot more watch, the whole construction feels better, the rolex is almost tinny by comparison. the explorer is still a good watch but not worth the money when you consider the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 why are you afraid/having deep thoughts about the color purple? do you think people will notice it and think you gay? are you afraid of being classified as fruity? LOL, no....just not usually a color I am drawn to, though I do think it would go well with my white blue Omega aqua terra (like anyone but me would notice)
it is funny/interesting how divided some of the opinions are, for a few it is as if the purple is reserved for women or not even an option even though I am guessing the company made these pieces for men as I don't see too many women using key wallets. As for the quality, I figure as much given the price (think after conversion this is only 130) which puts it on par with Coach here in the US, another fashion label
Quote: Originally Posted by vbuskirk Alright you bastiches. Here's the other side. I'm not a Rolex fan; I just happen to have a very passionate affair with this one particular watch. I agree with KtownGreg who said "Often simple is best." Just shows how tastes vary as I had that watch and thought it wasn't that great, too small and too expensive for what it was for me....now have a Sub which is OK but still not great shakes as far...
Thanks all, my boring conservative side prefers the tan though I hate the gold but my want to be ever so present fun side feels the purple looks fresh...oh well I am not rushing out to get it so I have time to beat this decision to death
So I emailed them and the hardware on the birdle is in fact gold colored...I tried that link you sent but couldn't see the key wallet.
So personally I think if I had more money to spend on watches they might be a consideration but as they stand I don't see one being on my radar... They are just too casual and not conservative enough...I usually pair them up with Panerai, great for a nice fun watch, but not as go everywhere do anything from a looks standpoint as a classic Omega or a Rolex. Plus I like companies that have been around a while, whereas B&R is somewhat new on the scene. And for the...
So I have a key wallet now made by a company called Bosca, it is ok but I want something nicer, recently I saw a mention of this company and am considering them as I am a sucker for the Royal Warrant seal... These are the two I like, the former specifically because it uses silver accents as I am not a brass fan... http://img1.ettinger.co.uk/includes/...cts/72_1_2.jpg Or http://img1.ettinger.co.uk/includes/...cts/24_1_3.jpg Or other suggestions appreciated...