or Connect

Posts by Mathew J

Purchased these shoes and wore them 3 or 4 times, haven't worn them in a while so not sure, and each time was less than a full work day. Had sole protectors installed on the front part so I could not take them back. These were not seconds. Shoes with red bags, sorry no box. Asking 160 shipped or best offer. Will post pictures on request
Purchased these shoes and wore them 3 or 4 times, haven't worn them in a while so not sure, and each time was less than a full work day. Had sole protectors installed on the front part so I could not take them back. These were not seconds. Shoes with red bags, sorry no box. Asking 170 shipped or best offer. Will post pictures on request
Purchased these shoes and wore them 3 or 4 times, haven't worn them in a while so not sure, and each time was less than a full work day. Had sole protectors installed on the front part so I could not take them back. These were not seconds. Shoes with red bags, sorry no box. Asking 185 shipped or best offer. Will post pictures on request.
Quote: Originally Posted by phxlawstudent Lol, Nordstroms will take anything back with a receipt. Trust me, I've seen what they take and then resell at Last Chance. I bought them from an actual Allen Edmonds store and like I said I had the rubber installed on the bottom so a return is out. Looks like I will list them for sale, thanks all
Quote: Originally Posted by sammy Air King... If only this was a little bigger...34mm is too small for me
So what would you guys do... A while back I bought a pair of fifth aves in the wrong size (the guy didn't even try to size me and I was ignorant on buying shoes properly) I took them back after trying them in my house and feeling pain, the next sales person sold me the same size only wider (10.5EEE) however these seemed huge on me for whatever reason (heels slipped bigtime, gaping on the sides, knowing what I know now I should have kept that size and used inserts and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Singular 501s, white OCBD and the DJ. Three coward classics that never go out of style... Had that one, only mine was an A serial, just couldn't get past the clasp and the end links for what I spent, the new model seems nice though but at a price and to me not as classic looking as that one, a bit blingy and trendy. Picked up the Aqua Terra I have now, spent less new than the Datejust and it is made much...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan You're right. I wrongly assumed the Longines was a knock-off. Your comments prompted me to do some casual research and I easily stumbled upon information about the vintage Longines Diver. I didn't know the Polaris was just one of many "super compressor" watches made by many different manufacturers in its day. Thanks for correcting me. To be fair if I hadn't been on the virge of buying a similarly styled...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan It's a JLC Polaris knock-off. I have a real hard time with this generalization... If the Longines was something they had just cooked up out of the blue now then fine, however the fact is that both the Polaris and the Legend diver originated in the 60s and from what I have read both companies sourced the cases for these watches (the originals) from the same manufacturer, in fact there were many other...
douchebag