or Connect

Posts by Mathew J

Quote: Originally Posted by Star Rolex would never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never ever drop their prices even if the cost of raw materials was free, labour decided to work for the love of it, and the Swiss franc collapsed against the US (assuming most sales are in $USD and then transfered into Swiss....Assuming demand is inelastic as it seems, a few $US dollars would translate into many Swiss...
Quote: Originally Posted by Star Omega is trying to catch up with Rolex in terms of being an equal. Rolex on the other hand is executing a strategy of pushing their product further out of reach so as to make it even more desirable. They can do this as long as there are people out there wanting to pay the price of which no doubt there are. I would say that the biggest losers are dealers who are forced to buy stock particularly those who are sensitive to...
Quote: Originally Posted by joeygladstone Why would they tell you a cheaper price if they were giving you a fake scarf? Kinda what I was thinking, also at that point wouldn't they just say it was fake....do you have reason to think that the giver would give you a fake item?
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda At the Outlet, the scarves are like $199 instead of like $299... so I don't know if "way to [sic] cheap" equates to $199... or $39... or somewhere in between? Well he said it was roughly a third of the price on the webstore, so figuring that most of them are between $269 and $300 I would put it in the $100 range approximately, however as someone above said with all of the sales going on who knows...I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bates I asked about the price and it was way to cheap, a third of the price compared to the scarves on burburrys webstore. could it have been an outlet purchase? also ballsy asking on price, at that point why didn't you just ask where they got it?
why do you think it is a fake? I don't own one but in all I have seen that looks right from what I can see.
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Get the cashmere. You should be fine though with the lambswool. I originally saw this and thought Manouche posted this. Heh. Your last line I am taking as a personal insult! With that said, I really liked the cashmere, but it was just so thin I didn't have an immediate need for it, I wanted something bigger that might actually keep me warmer if I needed it...but I am tempted to go back for the...
So I was at the outlet mall today and of course stopped by Brooks, picked up some nice brooks (not 346) oxfords for $26 each and also a lambswool scarf for $26 as well, however my brother in law when we got home commented that it looked like it might be scratchy... Didn't know if this was the case? I looked at the cashmere ones as well but they didn't seem as if they would be as practical for real use as the lambswool and that they were more decorative...might go back...
Quote: Originally Posted by fuji Not paying retail is not the same as buying a fake. No matter how you phrase it buying a fake rolex is trying to show people that you have wealth, which you do not actualy have, which is pathetic and is no different from low class people covering themselves with gucci and louis vuiton logos. I have seen my fair share of fake watches and after owning a rolex I would never even consider buying a fake. Not realy related to...
I wouldn't.