or Connect

Posts by Mathew J

Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido Not that I'm a watch expert, but the Omega is the best of the bunch.. Longines is always lost & trying to be another brand trying to be another brand - just no consistency. & the AT with the blue hands is very nice on either the picture strap or a blue alligator or a NATO - very versatile watch & lot's of bang for buck. Sorry I said leather before I believe, meant alligator...I love mine, but the...
Quote: Originally Posted by ScottMan I think the proportions of the AT are great. Here are a couple of pics I had on my comp of it: That spoon picture is one of the ones that pushed me over the edge for the AT with the blue hands...
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow From what I've heard, some people in high-end retail affectionately refer to the customers who only buy during clearance sales as "bottom feeders." In the hierarchy of things, the customers that pay full retail are the most important ones to the business because that's where they make all their profits. Clearance sales are more for cutting losses and liquidating old inventory. If I had heard such a...
Quote: Originally Posted by js4design i was in a bb a few months ago and a guy came in with some frayed collars and they said we havent made shirts with this tag for 6 or 7 years. but they replaced them for him. i guess it depends on the sa. Yeah I guess, personally I am with Doc, I just couldn't bring myself to returning anything if I got some decent use out of it, if it fell apart in four months then sure, but anything over a year I wouldn't...
I have that AT in question and like it alot, while I think it looks good with a brown strap (though I have it on the bracelet) I have been told by many that it would look better on a blue leather strap. The longines is nice also but I would be concerned as I believe it is a modular chrono which would make me hesitate, plus overall value retention for Omega is a bit better, not to mention the quality of the movement....I was considering the Master dual crown compressor...
Quote: Originally Posted by rsgould The hardest hit companies right now are not the mainstream luxury brands (like Versace et al), although they are having quite a bit of trouble. At the same time, they have TONS of excess overhead that they can trim to remain cash flow positive. Just think about those marketing budgets, not to mention the mark-up on crappy Chinese made shit (*ahem* Coach) sold for hundreds of dollars in the U.S. But the mid-range...
Quote: Originally Posted by hoffmand I've heard some complaints about the BB non-irons (or all non-irons) wearing out quicker than people expected, but what about their "unconditional guarantee"? Why not just return them for a new shirt or a full refund? You only need to buy the shirt once and they'll keep replacing it if it ever wears out. Sounds like a pretty safe bet. I know my brother in law tried this and they denied him...they said...
Quote: Originally Posted by rsgould That is a classic quote. What assholes. Can we make this a thread about the effect of the economic downturn on luxury brands? LOL I agree...sure their "key" clients might not care about sales, but their bread and butter clients who spend when they cannot afford to on their name brand do...which is why they are marking things down. Reminds me of my in laws gated community in Boca FL, the president said...
just got three from the outlet (BB not 346) for under 30 each, personally I like them as I am lazy and hate taking things to the cleaners, plus they look and fit decent enough for me
Omega planet ocean or a classic Speedy moon... I have had three Rolex watches and two Omegas...for showing off the Rolex takes the cake, but in terms of quality and value the Omega's impress me alot more. Also IWC is a good brand to consider. Good luck and also check out www.timezone.com