or Connect

Posts by Mathew J

Of these two, asked in the past and bought the square one but it leaked, store is offering me the choice of either... Thanks
Here are some others I have been considering.....
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney Mathew, enjoy your search and your lighter, whatever you pick. Some history you may find enjoyable http://www.lightersandpens.com/dunhill.htm http://www.lightersandpens.com/dupont.htm Lots of others know much more, but I think some of the old smoking pieces are pieces of design geius. Hello Count, That site is where I got a bit of my info on dunhill, especially about the Rollagas and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by sammy IM Corona are probably the best bang for the buck lighters you can buy. I have the Old Boy model as well as a Dupont Ligne 2. Hi Sammy, so how well do the IM Corona's compare to the Dupont, in functionalilty? Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney All of the designs you have are variations on dunhill originals. You can look at it two ways - do you want a lighter with this form factor? If yes, buy the best lighter with the look you want at the price you want. Do you want a lighter that will impress people? If yes, you probably want the brand name and when someone asks you about your "fancy lighter" you can tell them about its provenance, the dunhill...
as mentioned above, waterman phileas, not the nicest pen but a very very good writing pen for the money, and cheap.
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney Don't get a fake on something like this. Buy the real thing or don't buy it. In the long run, you'll be happier. Chances are that if you like the style now, you'll be dropping the $320 for the real thing in a few years anyway. There are other buying options besides new that you could explore if you really want this now. These are hardly fakes, the company that I am considering (IM corona makers of...
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney Any of the rollagas models. Original and iconic design. Only concerns about real Rollagas models are 1. damn expensive for a lighter, 2. have read more than a few gripes about them needing service, 3. damn expensive for a lighter Mentally I can swing $150 and for someone who rarely smokes that is even a stretch, but the base Rollagas is $320...snap. FWIW the only "rollagas" I have on there is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Champagnelifestylenomoney Quit smoking asap - or watch as choice of lighter becomes very low down on your worry list... The irony is I don't really smoke, well other than the occasional cigar....I really just like the lighters and know they won't be used for much.
So I am looking at getting a fancy lighter just because and like a few of these but cannot decide on a style, since I am not wealthy enough to buy them all and am limited to one I am hoping that the power of group think will push me towards one of these styles over the other... So here are the contenders: And then this last one which isn't really a consideration due to its cost given it is made of unobtainum but something I also liked... Any...