or Connect

Posts by alladin

What is the general opinion regarding shoe cream/polish for alden #8 - coloured polish or neutral?
Hi, Is the barrie last significantly wider than the plaza last? Opinions appreciated.
Hi, Is the barrie last significantly wider than the plaza last? Opinions appreciated.
Hi, I wanted to ask if the AE Dundee chukka is similar in shape to Tricker's 'Winston' chukka?
I got a chance to try the modified last yesterday and I was very surprised by the 'instant' comfort level! The boots felt comfortable immediately and the leather soles were flexible - unlike many shoe brands where the shoes have to be broken in. I wear orthotics and these seemed perfect. The shape does not lend well to a smart dress shoe, but for casual wear, they are perfect.
Thank you for the advice.
Is the modified last going to be very wide for someone who has narrow feet? I wear orthotics, and was wondering if my legs will be swimming in the modified last? Opinions appreciated.
Hi, I usually wear UK 8 or 8.5 in Crockett & Jones. I was thinking of ordering a pair of boots on the F last and wanted to inquire what sizing would be best. I contacted Vass and they sent the insole measurements below. All my footwear measures 28cm internally. F Last: UK 6.5 28.1 cm UK 7 28.5cm UK7,5 28,8 cm UK8 29,2 cm UK8.5 29,4cm I was leaning towards UK 6.5, but was wondering if dropping 2.5 sizes is wise!!
Hi, I usually wear UK 8 or 8.5 in Crockett & Jones. I was thinking of ordering a pair of boots on the F last and wanted to inquire what sizing would be best. I contacted Vass and they sent the insole measurements below. All my footwear measures 28cm internally. F Last: UK 6.5 28.1 cm UK 7 28.5cm UK7,5 28,8 cm UK8 29,2 cm UK8.5 29,4cm I was leaning towards UK 6.5, but was wondering if dropping 2.5 sizes is wise!!
I am interested in the 256 (original suitcase). I see that FIlson have now started making it in tin cloth. I wanted to inquire if the tin cloth is more rugged 'tougher' than the 22oz twill used originally?