or Connect

Posts by jkidd41011

Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku Wow - even at $150 retail, those look like one helluva shoe. Nice score! These might be the best shoes I've ever thrifted for under $5.00 (save the Vintage adidas Haillet/Stan Smith's). I found the company's website. It appears they produce a range of shoes from entry level to better made. Based and the model number they are an older shoe. I think they may be Goodyear welted....
Quote: Originally Posted by jkidd41011 Not as cool as the above Florsheim's, but I picked up an oddball pair of shoes. They are made by Gordon & Bros. appear to be made in Germany. They look to have been worn a couple times. Retail over in Europe translates to about $150.00 US. I paid $4.50 for them. What impressed me is they have a thick leather sole. They look like this but on a lighter...
Not as cool as the above Florsheim's, but I picked up an oddball pair of shoes. They are made by Gordon & Bros. appear to be made in Germany. They look to have been worn a couple times. Retail over in Europe translates to about $150.00 US. I paid $4.50 for them. What impressed me is they have a thick leather sole. They look like this but on a lighter brown: http://translate.google.com/translat...26prmd%3Divnsb
Price Drops
Cleaning out my old stereo equipment box and have realized how much I am sitting on in unused cable. I figured I would offer it on SF first. Kimber Kable 4PR speaker cable: I have just over 11' uncut. A 10' single run on Stereo lab retails for $44.00. $25.00 plus shipping Kimber Kable - DV-30 Digital/Video Interconnect: 1 meter (BNC to BNC) Retail $105.00 online. $50.00 plus Shipping Kimber Kable - OPT1 TOSLINK Digital Cable: 1 Meter Retail $70.00 online. $35.00...
Wow interesting finds at the thrift
Quote: Originally Posted by MacDaddy Best Buy usually keeps them in the Magnolia speaker room with all the other good Denons,Pioneers,and Yamahas,although they end up on the clearance table in the regular part of the store when the new models come in.The regular series of Sony receivers and components are crap,the ES line is the only good components that Sony makes. Totally agree with you Macdaddy. I'm going to start checking out a bit more...
Quote: Originally Posted by MacDaddy Actually you can buy them at Best Buy,I've looked at a bunch of different models over the last few years.I only see one on the website right now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+7...&skuId=9927891 I can honestly say I've never seen it at any Best Buy's. I know Crutchfield carrys it. But by the price tag of the unit you linked it's not your cheap $250.00 A/V receiver. Mine was $900 back in '99 and it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by matstyleku What kind of places are you guys going to where you can return stuff and what are their prices like? Everywhere I have been it's all sales final. Nice sunglasses. I am always afraid of that stuff because of the rampant fake market for those type of things. What the heck is that? Maybe if you post a pic we can be on the look out. Sony ES is their high end line. You can't get it a Best...
Quote: Originally Posted by thebunk I am in Phoenix for the next few days. I would appreciate it if anyone in the area could PM me some good spots to check out in the Phoenix\\Scottsdale area. Thanks! Check out the Last Chance on Camelback. It's like Goodwill meets the Nordstrom Rack