or Connect

Posts by jkidd41011

Quote: Originally Posted by Mercuryman76 I sold them for $100 shipped. This is the first time I've ever come across a pair of Alden's or anything in remotely as nice a shape as these were at the GW. I saw them in the window when I was walking up and just figured I'd take a look since they looked new. Once I saw they were Alden's I swooped them up right away. You sold them too cheap. Those would have brough at least double on e-bay....
This is a solid deal. These sold new for $500 and they are still bringing near nib retail. Wish I had the funds.
Quote: Originally Posted by noobizor Haha. Really? You should spin by the thrift store bragging thread sometime; it's unreal, the things people find. You'd think, as the employee was hanging up a $5,000 Loro Piana coat for $10, they might think, Hmmm, perhaps I should grab this for myself... They must have excellent restraint! More than likely they don't know what it is. There are some that research (Goodwill), but even then the stuff...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku Eeeh - it's sucked up here lately. I think someone plugged up the end of the sartorial cast-off drain pipe up here. Cincinnati is fashionablly challenged. I'll be glad when we move to Columbus. Hopefully I can talk WGP into doing a thrift day with a stop afterwards for some adult beverages.
Frenchy... Frenchy....
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenos Ties. Lanvin, Zegna, Nina Ricci, Kiton. $1-$10. Like the Kiton
[quote=noobizor;4293407]But...why? That's sort of weird. Don't both companies sort of owe their appeal to the fact that their shirts are made in their country? Why would one ever switch hit for the other? Is it a Burberry shirt or a Gitman shirt? Who invented spray cheese, and why? [quote] I think you'll find that most of the "labels" are made by someone else.
Sold
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain You're right of course, but it wasn't a huge loss. It wasn't exactly my style, so I would have been buying it to flip, and at $20, I probably wouldn't have made much on it. Unlike some other spots, this particular Goodwill knows the value of a Brioni, and they price their goods accordingly. IMO $20.00 isn't a great deal unless it was perfect. I picked up Brioni at Off 5th in clearence for...
Quote: Originally Posted by csoukoulis I dont know....i rather like FUBU.. Man....even FUBU ain't what it once was.