or Connect

Posts by jkidd41011

Didn't I sell you the first of your models?
If I had the funds I'd drive the 3.5-4 hours to get them.
I thought that was what they called the retros. I've got a pair I picked up a couple years ago on clearance at Macys that are a tad more subdued....white perforated leather with a navy swoosh.
They look like a Wimbledon style shoe with the modern tweaks. The old tennis shoes had that herringbone style tread. The Adidas Stan Smith also had the sole pattern.
I was playing in HS and college, then coached until the mid 90's so i was up on what was what tennis gear wise. When it comes to Nike basketball shoes and such I'm limited.
The Nike looks like its Agassi...does it have a flaming tennis ball logo? It appears that it did. The adidas is ok.... Its not Lendl, and I dont think its from Stefan Edbergs line. The value of vintage tennis gear increases exponentially if it was part of pros gear line. If that Nike shirt is Agassi its a $100 plus shirt because it has value to Agassi fans,tennis gear collectors, and Nike collectors.
@Playdice......are the 3/4 or low tops? These are from the Johnny Mac collection. I'd venture about 1986, but after looking at them blown up are they retro Challenge Courts? What does it say bottom of the tag?
Grew up playing tennis in the 80's so if anyone has any questions feel free to shot me a PM. My favorite Italian brands were ellesse and Sergio Tacchini. Also anything from the Fila Borg line is big $$$. Also look for Nike Checkerboard (McEnroe) and any of the Agassi stuff. The Adidas Lendl gear is also desirable.
Way too much overhead there. It really cuts into the profit margin.... Just ask Proctor & Gamble. You want to keep your staff as lean as possible without sacrificing the quality of work. Someone made the point about the errors in Debbie's auctions because she outsources the work.
How do these end up at a thrift???? There have been some really amazing finds recently.