or Connect

Posts by King Francis

Quote: Originally Posted by Roikins Nope, just struck up a conversation with the bartender who moved to the area recently from Chicago. He was telling me I came in on a good night, as he just got a bunch of new stuff in early this week after talking to a new distributor that was able to get these gins for him as well as some unique eau de vies and his Creme de Violette. I told him I had never seen those gins before, so he offered me a very generous pour...
Quote: Originally Posted by Roikins Went down to Pebble Beach to get my media creds and decided to head to a quiet place out there I go to from time to time to avoid the insane crowds... had an Aviation and struck up a conversation with the bartender who decided to give me a gin tasting which I couldn't refuse. Damn you. I just did some quick research into Leopold's. Sounds enticing, especially the thought of capturing the juniper...
Ah, the grilled cheese. Almost everyone in the Western hemisphere has had at least a basic grilled cheese sandwich. And while some may arse it up (failing to butter the bread, for instance) in the classic formulation it's the height of simplicity. But for many (including myself) it falls by the waywise with the passing of childhood. A while back I came across this list of recipes on Chowhound for ten next-level grilled cheeses. For some reason I filed it away at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar I finished my Chopin, but I do love it dearly. I need a new bottle of Chopin. Right now the only thing I'm drinking is a protein smoothie with blackberries. Wait, sorry, this thread is reserved for alcoholic beverages. Er, a smoothie with blackberries and . . . vodka? That's the ticket!
Quote: Originally Posted by alexwgoody Girl From the North County How could I forget this one??
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman Black Maple Hill Bourbon -- small run of 8-11 YO bourbons from Heaven Hill. The store also had the reserve grades of BMH bourbon, as well as the 21 and 23yo rye (and Rittenhouse 23). I forgot to mention this earlier. If I'm reading this right, you found a store that still has some of the Black Maple Hill vintage bourbons in stock (18-year-old, et al). If so, I strongly urge you to buy at least one of each...
Quote: Originally Posted by ama Thank you! I was happy too. What do you (and the broader you of the collective) think of the Cragganmore DE? I usually shade more towards the Lagavulin, Talisker, profile, but at the price I figured it was worth it. I suppose my question is, was it worth it? I assume with the port finish it will be much sweeter than my usual scotch. Very much worth it, especially since you were able to get a bottle for $50...
Silver Jews, American Water.
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Hay guyz, have you hurd about this awesome new show called 24? It's got that guy from "Lost Boys." Winner. In college my roommate Casey had a Lost Boys poster which for some reason I ended up inheriting. It hung on my wall until I got around to actually watching the movie with my then girlfriend. After that I took it down.