or Connect

Posts by King Francis

Quote: Originally Posted by Irond Will But it's been repeatedly observed in this thread that Steyn fails to draw any relationship between sexual freedom diminishing other rights, and indeed only glancingly mentions the loss of other "liberties." [. . .] But I'm curious as to your perspective here - how has the expansion of sexual freedom made us less free in other important ways? Quote: Originally Posted by imatlas Does that...
Quote: Originally Posted by philosophe Really? This CE forum? Perhaps many people here think something close to #2, at least for adults, but I don't find much evidence for #1. It's interesting to note what has been said about Senator Byrd in the Ted Kennedy thread. Both have done some shitty things in their personal lives, but Byrd's (past?) racism has indicted him now and forever as a "pretty awful excuse for a human being" (as JD put it)...
Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May This guy is alleging that proponents of this perspective are somehow harming society in some way not altogether clearly expressed. Apparently rights are being curtailed thereby, but I fail to see how. Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I don't think his point was to establish a link. His point was to show the incongruity between extreme freedom on the one hand, and curtailments on the other....
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma I was at a party recently and asked this black dude and his chick how I could hookup w. black girls cause I don't have the same success rate than w. white&yellow girls. I think at some point I complemented her on her ass. I think the relevance of this anecdote is obvious, but I'll leave you to puzzle it out.[ Taking the basic structure of my post while replacing relevant content with nonsense works neither...
Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May So you're saying that it is a central pillar of the left's agenda to promote sex shops as a tourist destination? Of course there are other aspects to sexual liberty than LGBT rights, but LGBT rights are the big plank in the platform. I just don't see how you can honestly and without self-delusion suggest that this isn't what he is referring to. I'm not discussing an agenda at all, of the left or otherwise....
Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May I'm just not sure what "sexual liberty" he could be referring to OTHER than LGBT rights. I was at a birthday party recently thrown by a lesbian friend for her girlfriend. I spent a good deal of time talking to this one cute straight girl, whose gay male best friend had come into town for the party (he being also very good friends with the birthday girl). This straight girl exclaimed that she just had to take...
Quote: Originally Posted by blackplatano If for example, the British would have divided the middle east by Islamic affiliation as apposed to putting rival factions in the same country, we would not have such a messy situation in the middle east. Yeah, I'm sure separate Sunni and Shiite countries would have respected the boundary lines and never gone to war with one another.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton This strain of bodily function libertarianism is the Absolute Value of today's youth. Everyone believes in it, and no one ever questions it, and they simply cannot comprehend how anyone could. There's a lot of truth to this. In many circles, including among many of my own friends and acquaintances, one of the worst things a person can be seen doing is "judging" a peer for what they do to/with their body. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I think Britain's colonial legacy is the darkest stain upon any nation in this world. Good God.
I use mostly extra virgin olive oil, but butter is delicious and at times essential.