or Connect

Posts by King Francis

Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc DID SHE JUST ADMIT THAT SHE'S JUST BEEN AT THIS FIVE WEEKS???????? I CAN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN AT THIS LONG ENOUGH??? SAY WHAAAAT? Yeah, but everyone hates Washington right now. Some people might appreciate her relative lack of baggage.
Jesus, all these numbers they're pulling out are bullshit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Biden is staring at the camera, so I don't know what you guys mean. Palin sounds uneducated. Drops the ending g's from most words, etc. If she says "darn right" one more time.... Biden is doing OK. I don't like the taxes as fairness talk. Obama drops his g's too, when it suits his audience. At least for Palin it's natural. (Not that it doesn't grate on me anyway.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason I don't get how people can be attracted to her because she is 'like them' - fuck, if you are going in for brain surgery do you want the doc who is 'like you' or the one who is extremely educated and knows what the hell is going? God knows, but that same dynamic serves Obama's purposes when he can turn a lower-class person's ire on the wealthy who are decidedly not like him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo Is anybody watching the CNN lines on the bottom of the screen? They are eating this populist shit up with a spoon! The hard-won virtues required to found a democracy seem to grow more scarce once the democracy has achieved stability.
We won't be victims again!
The wink.
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 "Main Street" is the worst common expression ever. I was sick of it in the first 12 hours of this whole debacle. When it's still deployed today, I want to spray the speaker with a Super Soaker filled with monkey urine. Ahh, the shibboleths of the campaign trail. I love the smell of empty rhetoric in the morning.
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 Missed that. What was it? Quote: Originally Posted by dopey Here is the transcript. What's the fuss? Quote: Katie Couric: Why do you think Roe v. Wade was a good decision? Joe Biden: Because it's as close to a consensus that can exist in a society as heterogeneous as ours. What does it say? It says in the first three months that decision should be left to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Étienne In all fairness, she had asked the very same question to Biden when she interviewed him... Yes, and his answer regarding Roe was pretty unfortunate, though scarcely anyone seems to have called him on it.