or Connect

Posts by King Francis

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton "Many" of us? As far as I know, I am the only Harvey idolator on SF. Great book. Not as great as his past books, but still. In this one he goes out of his way to shock, which I found amusing. But it put a lot of other people off. I've read some of his articles and even the text of a sermon he delivered at Appleton Chapel in Harvard's Memorial Church earlier this year, but haven't read Manliness. I...
Quote: Very few of the tens of thousands of now-surplus condominiums in Miami were conceived to be marketed to subprime borrowers, or minorities—unless you count rich Venezuelans and Colombians as minorities. Apparently minority status is only awarded to ethnic people if they are poor. Those with money are part of the problem. It's good to have opinion pieces like this one to help me keep up with migratory social categories.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson You've been saying this for like, 8 months now. And everytime you say it, you say it as if it just hit you for the very first time. Oh give him a break. His insights about President Bush, at least, are quite fresh.
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc Obama needs to be more succinct. His verbosity is working for him about as well as McCain's "cuddliness." But he does come back more crisply with his responses. He could be lying like the devil (coughBidencough) and he'd still impress a lot of the people there. Though he tends to wander off the path after about twenty seconds.
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc EXACTLY! This is just what I was thinking (and said back earlier on page 3... but nobody else said anything so I thought I was the only one!) Haha, sorry, I didn't see that. I haven't read through this entire thread because I've been busying myself with other things tonight. But in all seriousness, if ever there was a time when McCain's temper could be an asset . . .
McCain should try less to sound soft and reasonable. That isn't his strong suit. Americans are riled up, and he should mirror their indignation in his performance.
I don't think I'm the target audience for this debate. I never asked McCain to be my friend, or Obama to be my savior.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano Texas cannot be made smaller. It's boundries were precisely defined in the very fabric of creation Truly, it is the omphalos.
Quote: Originally Posted by whacked A classy lot, you two. I was wondering if maybe chorse's comment was an intentional dig against Augusto. If not, though, it's all the more amusing for being accidental. If I was going to be mean, wouldn't I have saved it for this post, #666? Come on. Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Anyway, discussion of class primarily in the context of relative income leaves out important...
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 Spending $150,000 on a four year degree in creative writing, for example, would not be a good investment. I could be wrong, but isn't Creative Writing the subject in which Augusto recently earned his bachelor's degree from Brandeis?