or Connect

Posts by King Francis

Quote: Originally Posted by Jovan Except for women not being able to vote until the last year in it and, you know, the existence of Jim Crow laws. *cough* Isn't that what nioh was referring to? I kid. As for the pictures, they're pretty cool, and definitely have some inspiring elements. But the body proportions in some of them . . . in the seventh picture, look at the woman's calves compared to the men's. Was physical exercise pursued...
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman KF, thanks for the link, unfortunately it's an ocean away. Sorry, didn't think to check if they shipped outside of the UK. For some reason I assumed they would. And yeah, Gibran's wonderful.
Looks great now. Seems that right shoulder/armscye problem was resolved as well. Good on you, mate.
I generally prefer the symmetry of a half-Windsor. The four-in-hand, though it can lend a carefree elegance to your attire, often looks sloppy to me. The impression of sloppiness or laziness derives from its asymmetry, of course, whereas to me the appearance of a half-Windsor that some are calling contrived makes a man look well put together. In addition to its symmetry I appreciate its lift. In business clothes I favor clean hard lines and a more aggressive silhouette....
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman However, I never mix it. Too much of a waste. Same here. I made a screwdriver once, just to see if Chopin would make a really good one (it did), but that was the only time I've ever mixed it. I don't break it out for parties, either -- at least not parties where people are looking to get smashed. Chopin is a vodka to be savored. Oh, and Huntsman, re: Smirnoff Black Label:...
I haven't tried them, but I've contacted them. One of their locations is only 10-15 minutes from my apartment. I spoke with an English gent over there who was a bit surprised that a guy on this side of the pond knew the term "bespoke" -- but once we got the preliminaries out of the way, we were able to talk openly about the details of their services. According to the man I spoke with, they do offer the full bespoke process, though I seem to remember he said that sometimes...
I have to agree, Chopin is hands down the best vodka I've had. Although vegetable vodkas tend to get a bad rap, Chopin is exceptionally smooth and has a nice burn that is not at all unpleasant. Goes down much easier than other brands, and is remarkably clean -- it almost seems like you're holding a mouthful of water before you swallow. Great for drinking straight from a chilled shot glass, and while it's almost too nice for mixing, it also makes great screwdrivers (one of...
In Jack's defense, the guy in the first picture does seem to have a very large head in relation to his body. Which combined with the extremely high gorge makes for an unattractive and unharmonious appearance. The man in the second picture looks much better (both clothes-wise and body-wise), although certain aspects of his ensemble aren't really my cup of tea (the shape of his shirt collar, for instance).
I use a wallet-sized vintage cigarette case to hold a few cards and occasionally a few folded bills. At some point I may get a card case, but this works for now, and is more unique.
Damn, the site looks good. Can the ticket pocket be nixed on a custom suit? Also, could you say a little about the fit and details of Thick as Thieves trousers? Although things like the rise are probably variable on a custom order, what is its typical height? The pants are flat-front and cuffless, which is exactly what I would wish. Zipper or button fly? How slim is the leg? I realize we can estimate many of these features from the pictures provided, but it never...