or Connect

Posts by King Francis

Barbados Slim? I thought you was in Barbados!
Quote: Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife ^ totally batshit i get a bit creeped out whenever my eyes rest on the spine of that book on my shelf pure evil! Just because the protagonist has sex with a shark, that's no reason to be creeped out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo Started on Transmetropolitan last night. These books are fucking hilarious. Spider Jerusalem is one of the great character names, maybe of all time. Transmet is definitely one of a kind. Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy Fuck yes. I'm reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov and The Annotated Hans Christian Andersen. Continuing to...
That was a great match until the final set. Not the outcome I would have liked to see, but you have to hand it to del Potro. Dominating Nadal in straight sets and then going the distance with Federer at his level of experience is incredible. The between-the-legs shot against Djokovic was glorious. Makes me glad we have things like slow-motion replays and YouTube.
It really sucks when players have to lose their momentum because of weather conditions. Unfortunately, it would be a huge expense to add a roof to Arthur Ashe. They should have incorporated it into the original design.
Federer was hitting some unreal shots in that match. Great play by Soderling in the final two sets, though. The final tiebreak where they had a little exchange with aces from 4-3 to 4-5 to 5-5 had me on the edge of my seat. Watching the post-match chat, it seemed to me that Federer comes across just about as gracious and down-to-earth as I imagine a guy in his position can be.
Quote: Originally Posted by Albern In the scene with Sal and his wife, I was a bit confused as Sal went on explaining the Bye Bye Birdie scene to his wife. Part way through the demonstration she gets this odd look on her face; I was thinking A) She is suspecting that her husband is gay B) His directorial abilities aren't exactly the greatest or C) Something I'm just not seeing? Only moments before, she had referred to him as a "conquering...
Quote: Originally Posted by ama Who here likes rum? I've been getting into it a little. Picked up some Plantation Jamaican 1998, very unique. Lots of floral notes on the nose, sweet smelling. Delicious sipping rum, silky smooth, sweet but not cloyingly. Finishes long and with pleasantly light burn. Very complex, a great buy at a $35 or so. Aged sipping rums provide a great experience. I'm a fan. I like the Guatemalan Zaya 12-year-old and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Holy crap that has to be photoshopped. She's got bigger arms than Nadal! Definitely Photoshopped. I like Cibulkova for her spunk and diminutive stature. Roger all the way.
The dance scene actually put a smile on my face. They seemed genuinely to be enjoying themselves (at least she was). And it was fun to watch the performance. Normally Campbell annoys the hell out of me. The three characters who most rub me the wrong way are Campbell, Kinsey, and Joan. But they do add to the show. That quasi-Commie who was shamelessly hitting on Peggy is pretty obnoxious too. Don spent a good portion of the party casting an amused, paternal gaze on...