or Connect

Posts by King Francis

Quote: Originally Posted by Reynard369 Currently reading Mistborn: The Final Empire. It's the first book in Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. He's the author who took over writing the Wheel of Time series after Robert Jordan's death, so I was a little hesitant, but Sanderson is a much better writer and so far it's been a pretty enjoyable read.
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman [T]he truth is that life doesn't often take care of itself. It just doesn't. You gotta take care of it yourself. Boom.
Race kerfuffle.
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai Yes.
I've enjoyed the documentaries of Gary Hustwit (Helvetica and Objectified). I'm looking forward to the third installment of his "design trilogy," Urbanized.
Malcolm Lowry, Under the Volcano Rainer Maria Rilke, The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge (Michael Hulse translation; love his translations of Sebald) Poems of the Late T'ang (edited by A. C. Graham) Bruno Schulz, The Street of Crocodiles and Other Stories And for work: Archon Fung and Erik Olin Wright (with others), Deepening Democracy Leonard Sax, Boys Adrift
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Well I'll be damned, all the rain-dancing and praying I've been doing lately has apparently worked. Look into the timeless, all-knowing eyes of my avatar, Sir Sean Connery. Those eyes are saying, "I've always been with you in spirit." I knew that post would get your attention. Good to see you're still around, my friend.
Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack that's the part I like best, the rest is the problem. too bony I love slender girls. If you've got a tiny waist, flat stomach, and prominent hip bones, you've got KF. Not saying Carly Foulkes is the end-all, be-all, though. She looks best in the picture on the right.
Quote: Originally Posted by linkinwayne ^The Weeknd is boss. After a spell of Kitsune compilations, back to these two on loop: Childish Gambino. All right, Gambino is a mastermind.