or Connect

Posts by Mr. Moo

Yes, and thanks. But it would be nice to have some details.
Thoughts on this rug I picked up recently? I believe it ticks all of the boxes for authentic/good quality Persian or persian-style rug: real wool or silk (I did a burn test and it's definitely one or the other); fringes are a part of the foundation; back is as amazing as the front; irregularities across the rug; feel is "right". It's 12' x 2.5' But - no idea about age or origin. Any ideas? [/quote]
Doc - my condolences. Feeling your pain as we very recently had two family members pass within 3 weeks of each other. One completely unexpectedly. On a thrift note I picked this guy up. I believe it ticks all of the boxes for authentic/good quality Persian or persian-style rug: real wool or silk (I did a burn test and it's definitely one or the other); fringes part of the foundation; back is as amazing as the front; irregularities across the rug; feel is "right". It's...
Good. Lord.
You need to sell the rights for "The Adventures of Piper and Ralph" to Pixar immediately. On a thrift note... a little flip brag. Purchased for $0.99: Buyer has since paid.
Oh we're posting doggos now?
Caruso, I believe.
Sometimes you come across things that are so far outside of the norm that you just have to take a step back and admire the moment. A pair of Ernest Rancoulet late 19th century bronze statues. About 18" tall on the original plinths. There are various online records of sales and such for this artist, but average prices are in the mid thousands, up to $25,000 per piece. Hope everyone had a fulfilling weekend.
Saw a likely flipper in my neck of the woods. Kopped some stuff that I always pass on (Eton shirt, middle-tier jeans). Very skinny guy about 5'10". Young. One of you? Also - Balmain dress shoes. Kind of ugly, cannot find anything remotely like them online. Black, kind of pointy lace ups. Fairly benign looking. Mainline Balmain. Worth a kop?
What are these other bidding sites?