or Connect

Posts by Mr. Moo

So will the new stuff be up tomorrow or Monday?
In my mind, the way I was raised, and how I live - it is unfathomable to not be somewhat successful, with a family (at least married), settled down, and on a firm career path by the time you are in your early 30's. So my idea of life at that age does not jive at all with living with roommates. YMMV.
There is a massive chasm between being raised outside the Bay and making a choice to move here versus being raised here and making a choice to move elsewhere. Once you're here, unless you are drowning financially, you are going to stay.
Know a few people who bought places in Oakland... it's one of those cities you get sold on by friends over and over again. Then you start to think "hmmm, you know, maybe I could live there. Nice homes in places, good weather, good food, just across the bridge from the city..." and then you drive through Oakland to the open house and say fuck this and get the hell out of there.
But... after all is said and done, there is no place like the Bay Area. None. It's awesome here.
If you've never tossed someone's salad behind a Safeway on your lunch break, you ain't been living right.
What's funny about being 35 and living with roommates?
Downtown SF and downtown LA are pretty different. Downtown SF is nice, but pretty small... then again, SF is really small. 7 miles by 7 miles. You could drive for 15 minutes and cross half the city and 10 neighborhoods.
Welcome to being 35 and living with roommates.
Yes - $300,000 is more or less a down payment for most decent homes in the city, or in nicer areas of the Peninsula, and elsewhere.Prices are generally as follows for 1500-1800 square feet, 3 or 4 bedrooms, and 1 or 2 bathrooms in nicer areas (but not the most absurdly expensive areas):SF - $1.1-$1.4MPeninsula - $1.1-$1.4MSouth Bay - $900k-$1.1MEast Bay - $900k-$1.1MIt is, to put it lightly, a shit show right now.