or Connect

Posts by GucciKid

Does anyone know of any retailers that carry wider than stanard width? I hate that I always have to do MTO just because I don't wear a D width.
I just had a jacket made up in the Taransay, and I can tell you that I am 95% sure that the "Nut Brown" fabric that the Harris Tweed Shop sells is the same cloth. I know it doesn't look like it from the swatches on the website, but I have held swatches of both and they are indistinguishable from each other. The Nut Brown may be a touch heavier, but I am quite sure they are the same pattern.
I've seen both the Magnus and Taransay.Taransay I really like, especially for someone with dark brown hair and a fairer complexion. It's a mix of black, light brown and gold with maybe some small almost unnoticeable unless close up flecks of blue. It looks like a very dark brown from most distances, but as you get closer to it the gold flecks become more visible.Magnus isn't as dark, I would say a mid dark brown with a bit of green to it.Magnus is definitely quite a bit...
Yes - send them a tracing of your hand - there is a one off fee of 20 pounds and they will keep your pattern for subsequent orders - I've ordered 3 pairs from them, and while the fit is probably not as good as you'd get from working with a bespoke glovemaker in person, it is quite good.
Robert Jones in the TD Centre in Toronto carry Edward Green. They don't have a ton of styles but you could certainly get an idea of fit, and they have EG swatchbooks with all of their leather options if you're thinking of placing a custom order. Their pricing is pretty decent I believe, though they do charge a decent fee for placing a custom order - would probably be best just to order through LeatherSoul or SkyValet.
Another vote for around 14oz. I think 17oz + is going to be too warm in a heated building, and as long as your overcoat is long enough it should keep your legs sufficiently warm.
I've been a client of Don's for a few years and I hope to commission a pair of shoes from Mr. Freeney next summer. I've spoken with Peter briefly but mostly I trust Don to offer a quality and superior product, likely at a price that is below market value. Don's tailoring operation is top notch, and I know that he wouldn't allow a product to be associated with Trend that he didn't believe was top notch also.
I bought this to give as a gift but ended up keeping it. Brand new in box and never worn. My camera isn't working so I don't have a picture, but here is the picture on Sam Hober's site :http://www.samhober.com/solid-satin-silk-ties/dark-navy-satin-silk-tie.html Classic wardrobe staple. Standard 57 inch width and 3.5 inches wide at widest point.
Well, it really wouldn't be for need, so much as for the loveliness of the cloth.
I'm considering having a suit made up in Harris Tweed, but the heaviest cloth I've ever worn is 14 ounces. Harris Tweed is 19-21 ounces. With modern heating present pretty much everywhere, I'm wondering if this cloth is practical for wear in the city. Basically I don't want to be uncomfortable and sweating bullets wearing Harris Tweed in a heated building or home.