or Connect

Posts by GucciKid

I've tried to register for London Lounge as I'm interested in some of their cloths, but have not been approved by an administrator after waiting two weeks. Does anyone know who I would contact?
Would anyone be able to provide any insight on this? I do get somewhat frustrated that my tailor doesn't carry more fabrics. He does carry a lot, and a lot of good stuff (LP, Zegna, Dormeuil, H&S) but there are a lot of books I wish he would also carry - W. Bill, Minnis, Harrison's etc. Now in my mind you'd want to carry as many choices as you possibly could for your customers. But I also imagine that there is probably in general less cloth than there is demand so a lot...
I won't comment on any of your current fashion choices, but as for suggestions for a few bespoke pieces... I would first weigh how much you want to go for the experience and "have fun" versus how much you want to add timeless and useful garments to your wardrobe. If you're leaning more towards the former. a tweed jacket is a very good idea. There are a lot of really great tweed patterns and you can definitely have fun with the details on a more casual jacket. You might...
I would definitely check out some of the Toronto tailors. I can highly recommend Don Lee of Trend Custom Tailors, who may end up being a little more than your budget (1700 +) or so, and though I can't personally recommend him I think Spiro on the Danforth would be a far better option than MyTailor and would probably fall within the $1000-$1500 mark.At $1000-1500 you could probably also get something decent off the rack from Harry Rosen. Worth having a look anyways.I can't...
I would go with Navy or Charcoal. Both more versatile than tan, though I do like tan for the daytime. Also, depending on your budget I'm not sure I would go with MyTailor. I've only ever ordered shirts from them, but I did find the quality fairly poor. A good overcoat should last you a long time, it's an investment piece, so I would explore your options (mtm or bespoke in toronto perhaps) or higher end RTW.
I am quite curious and would like to know as well. Also, how to get it?
-I always make sure at least one of my tie jacket or shirt is patterned. I will never let all three be solid, though I certainly could if I wished, as I feel this is quite boring (though I do admit Cary Grant could do it well) -Though I have tried and tried, I can't warm up to loafers. I would much prefer a blucher for a casual ensemble -If your pants are solid, your socks should always be patterened. Only wear solid socks when you have to. For instance with a smaller...
Just got my refund from Meermin. Perhaps they are reading this thread!
The problem is not simply slow response time. They were very communicative before I'd paid, even emailing me back on a Sunday night. The problem is in the discrepancy in response times after you've paid.Like I said I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they are truly that busy count me as one who would prefer slightly higher prices and better customer service.
Add me to those that received very fast communication from Meermin before I paid and then not much after (about 4 or 5 days now). I decided to cancel my order (for two pairs) and while I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, I have a feeling they're just going to ship them anyway after receiving the email. Seems to me these guys are mostly concerned with getting your money and then they're going to figure everything else out afterwards.