or Connect

Posts by GucciKid

That grey is pretty standard, and perfectly suited to most environments. Perhaps not for evening wear, but it really isn't that light. A very light grey I would consider more of a summer suit, but the above is pretty mid-grey to me.
It will really depend on whether you run hot or cold. Also, whether you will be outside a lot or spend a lot of time indoors. I prefer most of my tweeds a bit heavier (around 14 oz) but there should be nothing wrong with 11. However I would think of this as more of a mid-season weight than a winter weight. If you are just starting it is certainly a versatile weight, and then you could get some heavier tweeds in the future.
Yes definitely nothing quite as pleasurable as dealing with an English cloth merchant. I swear sometimes they have samples in the post fifteen minutes after I've emailed them, and this is sometimes after I've requested a third batch of samples without buying anything.
Any recommendations for mid weight trousering? Something that would bridge the gap between cotton/linen and cord/flannel that has some texture and could ideally swap in under summer odd jackets as well as lighter tweeds.
Can anyone comment on Harrison's Moonbeam? Does it wear warmer than its weight? How does it drape? I really like the hand and patterns but am a bit concerned about durability.
While I generally agree that tan is better left to cotton and linen, I think the wheat colour suit in question can work as long as it doesn't pretend to be a casual suit. IMO patch pockets with this colour fresco don't work, but if dressed up with flap pockets and worn with a more formal shirt and tie can work quite well. This is a gaberdine suit but the colour is very similar:
Question for those of you with some experience of heavier weight tweed cloths. I have an 18 ounce donegal tweed overcoat, and I find that it is not really warm enough to wear in the dead of winter. Will a 23-25 ounce tweed overcoat wear that much warmer? I'm looking to have made a tweed overcoat that can be worn for very cold days, but am wondering if 5-7 ounces heavier will wear that much warmer to make it worth it.
Being relatively new to high end tailored clothing, I am wondering if someone can advise on overcoat rotation and whether overcoats need to rest for a few days before being worn again as does a suit. I haven't bought and worn through an overcoat yet, so what is the consensus on wearing the same coat everyday? I'm assuming an overcoat will get a lot less wear than a suit (worn for less time during the day, minimal sitting, not nearly as much rubbing from movement.) So is...
I have limited experience with them (only 4 or 5 shirts) but I found the quality of the stitching to be poor, and after 4 or 5 washings the cuffs became quite wrinkly and hard to iron (I'd asked for non-fused) but I still don't believe the cuffs should have been like that. After that I stopped ordering from them.
Lovely fabric on your jacket. Is that off the rack? If not please provide cloth details.