or Connect

Posts by mossrockss

Yeah, sorry, didn't get a pic last night—got home too late and forgot to grab a shot this morning—but the fabric is super awesome. Really lightweight, awesome drape, very breathable, incredible texture. Despite what the extra cost will be, I'm strongly considering keeping them and paying my tailor to slim them down and make them fit. They're exactly what I was hoping for in terms of fabric—drapey like they should be in order to wear with wool, textured and airy enough to...
They match the site, but are clearly bigger than my precious pair. The summer styles must just be cut larger.
A fit pic of the hopsack pants (pinned up for length) compared to my flannels from January.Didn't get a pic of the cotton ones but you can see from the latter pics they're fuller in the leg compared to the flannels. The flannels are on top in both.Since he's out of the next size down in both pants, I'm still deciding what to do. Ideally I'd get them both in the next size down because I love them both.The cotton ones are too full—I'd probably return those. Hm the hopsack...
I got the last pair of these hopsack pants in my size (though given my revelations about what size I may truly be after all, I might have to start buying 34US or 36IT).Good suggestions—I want to get them cuffed with a 2-inch cuff. I guess if I were going to wash them, I'd do it at least once before taking them to the tailor in case of any potential shrinkage in length. Would you guys agree on that?
Can we codify this time period with an abbreviation, a la A.D. and B.C., with something like R.E. and U.E. (Responsive Era and Unresponsive Era)?I may shoot him an e-mail anyway and try my luck, lol.
Lightweight. No clue how heavy in technical terms, but they are lighter weight than your typical twill chino from BB, J.Crew, etc. They definitely seem as if they're meant to be a summer-weight fabric.The only thing about them that I'm a little on the fence about (but I was on the fence about it before purchasing and ultimately decided to buy anyway) is that they are dry-clean-only. With cotton pants, being able to regularly wash them is kind of a necessity, both to clean...
Cool, thanks for sharing.Side rant—MUCH to my chagrin, the two pairs of pants I purchased dropped in price while they were en route to my house. So disappointed, because I waited for weeks to purchase them in case they did. UGH. Would've been $35 less—that would cover alterations!Anyhow, they arrived today. I will compare them to my light-gray flannels from last winter when I get home, because with a quick try-on of each, they seem baggy—but I've also lost 20 pounds since...
Sounds awesome. I'd be interested to hear your report back on the precise color (maybe compared to some other off-white's you may have).I'm filling out my trouser collection—once I get all the gray's I want in the different weights, I'm thinking it'd be nice to expand into a very light tan flannel, and possibly something like this. Both of those colors are colors I personally would find repulsive as a wool trouser in anything other than a flannel—I just associate tan wool...
My order just shipped—within 24 hours of clicking "Complete Purchase." Gotta give him credit for that. My brother joked last night that maybe Jamison's been dead for months and the business is just on auto-pilot; his people keep shipping out the products as orders come in, but nobody has the Styleforum password. I (obviously) sincerely hope that's not the case, but I did get a chuckle out of it.
OK, will do! I bought my first pair of HY pants in December, so I'd hope/guess that their measurements aren't in any way different from what I just ordered. But given that others have had issues, we'll see! I'm still excited about it!http://www.howardyount.com/collections/pants/products/italian-cotton-twill-pants-tan