or Connect

Posts by mossrockss

That's a cynical point of view.
That dude looks great—I'm afraid I'd look like a barbershop quartet guy who's lost his companions if I wore that thing.
My normal collar size was a bit big—but I know it will shrink. This is one collar size down. You can see the extra distance between the top two buttons (since it has a 6-button front) and also it's somewhat evident that the collar is unlined.
Which linen are you referring to?
So, checked out the collection at the store tonight and GET THIS: The gatsby collection white OCBD had an unlined collar and collar band, 6-button front and no box pleat (it has "side pleats," after a fashion—instead of a straight pleat on each side, they've got 7 mini pleats, a la their sleeve cuff shirring). I bought one with the make a wish discount. Figure if I only buy one white OCBD this would make a good candidate.
Haha, a long shot, I know. I figure if some marketing person at BB wanted to get the SF/Internet style market (which is probably tiny, haha), they'd make an OCBD to specifications from 1955 (maybe slim it down to slim fit/extra slim fit specifications), and charge $150 for it. I'd probably buy one…As for the "cartoonish" aspect of it, I think that's perhaps what they were going for. I was reading the "about" page on the BB website for this collection, and it looks like the...
well, center vents have been traditionally used on American garments as the default, if I'm not mistaken. Kinda makes sense. And I've come to the point where I don't just hate them by default, if the jacket is cut to fit well (i.e. no gaping). I still prefer double vents, however, so I hear ya.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/GGSearch-Show?cgid=gatsby First thing I noticed was the slim fit white OCBD sans pocket, for the same price as their regular OCBD. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/The-Great-Gatsby-Collection-Supima®-Cotton-Slim-Fit-Button-Down-Oxford-Solid-Dress-Shirt/ME01191,default,pd.html?dwvar_ME01191_Color=WHIT&contentpos=19&cgid=gatsby A tiny part of me was hoping they'd use this opportunity to launch...
Can I re-vote? I like the guy in picture #5, the right-hand guy in picture #6 and the dude in #9.Which one is that? If it's #1 I guess I don't need to re-vote.
To be honest, I never liked the look of a bd collar with a tie—I always associated it with the type of guys who would go to Macy's and buy themselves a "dress shirt." Super stiff collar lining, no roll and always paired badly with uninspired suits/sportcoats.UNTIL, that is, I saw pics like those from Derek's post on PTO this morning. Now I can't get enough of that look—it just has to be paired with an outfit correctly. And though my lined and modern BB shirts don't live up...