or Connect

Posts by mossrockss

More responses! I need more!!!
Thanks for all the responses so far.One other reason I've considered white MOP as possibly being excessive is because I currently have a navy linen blazer with white MOP buttons, which I wear all the friggin' time, haha.Would two navy blazers (however different in style they are) both with white MOP buttons be redundant?Pics of that blazer: [[SPOILER]]
Oh, let me clarify: I'm not necessarily going for versatility here. That's why I'm leaning towards white MOP.Basically the poll is to see if somebody can convince me not to get white MOP with a convincing argument why something else is a better idea.
I haven't worn it much through the winter and now realize why—it just feels more at home with white linen pants. I think I feel this way because it's a very lightweight fabric and the color is a lighter than typical dark navy. The buttons are currently a matching dark navy (as you'd find on a suit).For comparison, there are several pics of it from different seasons with different combinations.My first inclination is white mother of pearl, but perhaps black/smoke MOP or...
J.Crew a few years ago. Before they slimmed their ties down to 2.5"
Yeah, 16.5—well you can see it's still a bit big on me. I sometimes wonder how much of these issues are mediocre QA on BB's part and how much are consistent sizing differences?I'm also guessing that the lack of lining in this shirt collar makes it fit slightly larger than their lined OCBDs. My year-old OCBDs are a little snug now—within the realm of wearable, but definitely slightly more snug than when new. So that's why I was confident enough to go with the 16.5 instead...
So, in the store, this 16.5/35 was huge on my neck. The 16/34 fit me perfectly. But I knew that it'd shrink. I washed it in hot last night and it did a bit—I figure it'll be perfect in about 4-5 months after having worn it in a bit and washed it a bunch.I found that my standard BB OCBDs looked really bad with a collar until I broke them in a bit—maybe it was my imagination, but it sure seemed that way. I imagine this will be the case with this shirt as well.All that said,...
Here is the OCBD with a tie. It's my first wearing of this shirt.
BB's Gatsby OCBD with tie.
no it's full-on supima oxford. compared it side-by-side to my regular, mainline OCBD. same fabric. it'd be nice if it were extra slim fit. but slim fit works pretty well on me under a jacket, so i'm ok with it.