or Connect

Posts by mossrockss

Aww thanks man
Great to see everybody executing so well on F/W layering, tweed (some of them are ridiculous! in a good way), flannel, etc. Awesome. Me today. Polo cardigan Hugo Boss poplin shirt Banana Republic pants Peal & Co. boots
Yeah, interesting.So, out of curiosity, and this is where perhaps we should take this discussion elsewhere, but where would these place on the informal SF-approved quality list of English makers? If they're Loake 1880, would that be around C&J level? Or slightly below? Or would these be slightly better than your typical Loake 1880 Burford due to better leather, finishing, etc.?I kind of don't care either way bc they're exactly what I wanted and fit well, and are excellent...
I've got to admit, comparing the design of these to the Loake 1880 Burford, these seem like Loake to me. Identical as far as I can tell.Lettering inside:
I'll look tonight and post a pic!Yep, went with my normal size, 11D. I'm an 11D US (10D UK) straight across the board in almost every shoe I've ever tried on, even the Indy boots I sold to buy these, which recommended a half size down.Mmm, those do look similar, nail pattern and everything. I'll post photos of the inside lettering tonight.
I believe C&J.Nail pattern
Who'd have thought a mid-season sale like the Veterans would yield such amazing deals on shoes? I cannot believe the deal I got on these C&J wingtip boots! When they dropped to $299 last week, I called my SA at my store and he ordered a pair into the store for me, and he assured me they'd honor the price in case they went back up. Went to go get them last night, and when they rang them up, I discovered they'd dropped to $179. Unbelievable. I never would've guessed they'd...
sold
Sold
they're a great product, so if you can get them second-hand or if you know your size for sure, they're great (just got another pair of flannels from a friend, and they're really nice).but yeah, supporting his terrible customer service is only exacerbating the issue