or Connect

Posts by mossrockss

This is an incredible find, and in unbelievably good condition. Typically you talk about "military surplus" goods, but this isn't surplus. This is an actual coat issued to an actual military serviceman at one time. All the buttons are original (Waterbury buttons) and there's nothing wrong with this coat. The only thing "wrong" with it I guess you could say is that it is missing the epaulets. The straps are there, but the actual fabric flaps are missing. It's dark navy and...
Oh, my mistake, he isn't holding a purse—the person behind him is. Apologies, anonymous man on the Internet!
Thanks—it's true, I'm not holding a purse…
4 years ago I saw this image in the ultimate peacoat thread and was inspired. It must've sunk into my subconscious because I haven't thought about it in several years, and here is my fit today: Stay warm!
A beautiful Barbour coat my brother owns and let me wear today. A bit big on me, but with a cinch, it looks great.
Excuse the mess in the background. jUst moved into a new place. Still unpacking all our stuff. So much stuff…
Nice elements, if taken all separately. But they should not be worn together.1- Orphaned suit jacket has a finish that is clearly too fine to be combined with anything other than its matching trousers. This is why it looks off to other commenters. It's the juxtaposition of a fine garment made of a fine fabric with the rough denim.2- The same goes for your shoes. They are a wholecut (or look like wholecuts), which, like any balmoral, is better paired with fine, more formal...
I got these from AE brand new and wasn't sure about the sizing. They look exactly like Alden's flex-welt chukka, save for a crepe sole instead of Alden's oiled leather sole. Wore them for a day and decided I'd keep them, but now I feel like they just won't work out for me. The last just isn't for me. Only worn one time. I'll post pics tonight but for now just imagine they're brand new but the sole has slight darkening (they have a crepe sole). Size 11D. AE sells them for...
I got these from AE brand new and wasn't sure about the sizing. They look exactly like Alden's flex-welt chukka, save for a crepe sole instead of Alden's oiled leather sole. Wore them for a day and decided I'd keep them, but now I feel like they just won't work out for me. The last just isn't for me. Only worn one time. I'll post pics tonight but for now just imagine they're brand new but the sole has slight darkening (they have a crepe sole). Size 11D. AE sells them for...
Big birthday bash for a family friend over the weekend. Photo with one of the kids (and spouse) of said party's honoree. Jeans and suede brogues on bottom.