Posts by mossrockss

my kimber jodhpurs. love these things.
thxi will just order 2 pair from nordstrom since i can return free
hey ya'll considering getting a pair of AEs for the first time in years. the acheson tassel loafer… nordstrom says to size down. is that your guys' experience? i wear 11D in nearly everything except the narrowest of lasts (my macallisters i had to go EEE 10.5 to accommodate my forefoot width, but the heel cup is too big so i don't wear them much these days). but the clifton i wear 11D and it's perfect. I have a pair of made-by-AE penny loafers from polo (singleton;...
well i think it has to do with wages, worker conditions, etc.think about Foxconn producing iPhones. Apple is more transparent than most about how much they work to improve the workers' conditions at the factories they use, yet we still hear stories of suicides, outrageous hours, etc.How much work does SuitSupply put into making sure the people making those $1k suits are working in safe building that isn't going to burn down because of shoddy construction out of greed from...
well, and again it's about the fit and design. suit supply fits me awfully. the design is ok but the extra that an eidos jacket/suit costs is worth it for the design, which i prefer. so it comes down to taste, again, more than quality of construction (and budget, of course, get what you can afford).
@canon5dfan Saks looks like it's got some basics as well: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524447050167&R=400928764037&P_name=Eidos&sid=15ACD5A9C3AC&Ntt=eidos&N=0&bmUID=lHc4WAf Look at the rest of them online:...
+1NMWA will let you order and return both for free and you can compare side by side. Of course Eidos has 3 major suit/jacket fits to consider, which each fit slightly differently (the Tenero and Balthazar fits are slightly smaller than NMWA in shoulders, chest and length), so add the differences in each to the mix of your preferences as well (NMWA = more neapolitan style wide straight-cut lapels with slightly curving away quarters; Tenero = narrower but not skinny lapel...
met up with @DerekS for a drink at old glory here in nashville. probably the coolest interior space of any bar i've been to. another mutual friend was with us but alas he had to bail before we could get a shoo circle lol. [[SPOILER]]
I pre-ordered the SS17 shawl lapel off-white dinner jacket from Eidos via NMWA. I may or may not have been under the influence of alcohol when clicking that "submit order" button… But things are kind of crazy right now financially so I'm seeing if anybody has any interest in taking it off my hands for the preorder price. Price reflects his normal tailoring discount and the 20% preorder discount given, and I'm including shipping (so I'll eat a bit of cost on...