or Connect

Posts by mossrockss

Sharing the response I received from kamakura about the collar length disparity.What I wrote: [[SPOILER]] Their response:
Haha ok guys. I have a 42 chest, am 6'0, and a large is what I wear, but it's bigger than my other polo shirts (which I typically wear M in). I supposed it's just personal preference.
Medium, probably.
PM sent
well it's not so much that a longer collar doesn't make sense on a smaller guy, it's that a larger guy can't get a shirt with the longer collar (or doesn't have ape-arms like their NYSF sizing suggests they think we all have). Just selling in neck/sleeve sizes would alleviate it, but their sizing scheme is frustratingly deficient for those in between
Again, perhaps old news, but I confirmed with them that the button down collars are also shorter on regular fit shirts vs slim fit shirts: 9cm vs. 8.5cm. This explains my disappointment upon getting my first shirt from them and it's collar points not matching what Derek wrote for put this on in his OCBD series. He clearly was measuring a slim fit model.Pretty stupid and annoying if you ask me. Their slim fit shirt sizes are limiting.
thanks to my man @justinkapur, I got in touch with an SA at bloomies in SF and got the last white polo in my size for less than half price. Super stoked.
My fit pic today is kinda crappy. Sorry—was having no luck with stills, so I took a video, and just grabbed a still; it's kind of an "action shot," as a result, if you will. Elements are all there, including, for all to glory in: Boglioli linen jacket! Brooks Brothers blue OCBD! PRL raw silk tie! Howard Yount new-and-not-so-improved-kinda-baggy-fit-but-comfortable-and-appropriately-loose-for-the-fabric hopsack wool trousers (they're so breathable!) Meermin snuff suede...