or Connect

Posts by mossrockss

Thanks! I'm trying to break them in, and they're coming along nicely. I've owned one pair of Loake boots before, but these are way, way nicer. Perhaps those others weren't 1880 level quality.
Posted about the great deal I got on these boots in the Brooks Brothers thread, and in the ensuing discussion learned that these are made by Loake 1880—probably the Burford II model.
thanks! yeah you're probably right. I just love this tie and don't wear it as often as i want toi actually relish the opportunity to wear these! normally i feel so silly putting them on to walk 25 feet from my door to my car, then 25 feet from the car to my office door. but i was too lazy to shovel the walkway last night so I wore them out of necessityLosing 20 pounds helped me in that regard, LOL. Also, I have a long torso just naturally. Also, the angle is great for...
Blinding snow (built-in reflector/bounce card!).
I don't think you get a choice. You are given whichever one based on your credit score—a higher score, platinum MC; lower score, brooks card.
More or less—he actually told me first to hold off on their current 25% promotion and wait for Thursday's corporate 30% deal. Then after chatting a bit, mentioned the Thanksgiving sale, though he said he didn't think the stuff I had him hold onto for Thursday would be a better deal in that sale (a couple of ties). It's the high dollar stuff he mentioned specifically as being worth the sale—outerwear, cashmere, etc.I got the Thanksgiving sale mailer in the mail today, and...
First snow in Cincinnati (that's worth commenting on)! Yay!Peacoat kept me warm on the commute, then put on the DB blazer once I arrived at work. [[SPOILER]]
Ok so I was in the store just now. My SA reminded me that the corporate 30% sale is Thursday. He then proceeded to tell me about the thanksgiving/Black Friday sale. Certain categories will be 30% off—outerwear and sweaters is what he specifically mentioned, and that will include cashmere; he also said it'll almost certainly exclude cordovan, EG, other top dollar items—and then on Black Friday there will be an additional 20% off everything, too.
Aww thanks man