or Connect

Posts by SirWilliam

Which manufacturers make these three? The middle one is unusual...not sure I like the way the cushions drape but it's interesting.
Fritz Hansen's products (other than PK designs) aren't out of line with other similar manufacturers...it's just those PK pieces. BassamFellows is going to have a showroom here locally in November so I will take a look...in the mean time I am having leather samples from BassamFellows and Walter Knoll sent to me. If WK leather is noticeably better I might just go for that since I know I wont be disappointed with their quality.
I like the CB-50 that is in the running. The FK chair was my original thought but they wont discount them enough for me to justify it's inflated price. I want at least 15-20% off...it's cheaper and better looking than the PK alternative...uh oh I already talking myself back into it. The Florence Knoll chair doesn't have the pillowy look to the cushions that I want also it's too plain for me. How is the quality of BassamFellows? It's not a brand that I know. The...
I have a pair of Wilson Audio Sabrinas and the Watch Center 3 Convergent Synergy for my living room...its powered by a nice but not so exciting Anthem MCA50.
I don't know if this is the right place for this or not. I am looking for a smallish lounge chair for my office and was wondering what people think of this chair from Walter Knoll: It would be walnut and one of their dark grey aniline leathers. Here is the high back version in walnut for reference: I am open to other suggestions my only requirement other than size (cannot be more than 100cm deep) is that it have soft looking cushions. I have too much tightly...
I am struggling to find a t-shirt I like. I used to love the Uniqlo "Premium Cotton" t-shirts which were my favorite...they discontinued those. Then I went for the Uniqulo "Supima" shirts which were second best...but now the new version of their Supima shirt is crap. I have tried Everlane and after 5 washes they look much worse than my Uniqulo t-shirts which have probably be washed 30+ times. I want a shirt that will survive the dryer without rolling collars, cuffs and...
I could but I don't really care for the look.
I managed to screw up this pair of JM Westons.   I went through my normal polish routine and then I thought I would add a little shine to the toe but my towel was too wet and now the right shoe (left in the picture) seems to be missing color. This shoe came with a distressed look to it where the leather is lighter in choice spots but this is a bit too much and I don't have what I need to fix it seems as the JM Weston creme polish isn't dark enough and the Saphir dark...
I have received some confusing information about hand-welted rubber sole shoes and I wanted to see if I could get a better understanding from the forum. I have spoken directly with Vass, Zonkey Boot, and Ed Et AL and they say they hand welt rubber soles to their shoes. Ed Et Al even does them with fiddleback waists. However I spoke with a craftsman at John Lobb (Jame's Street) and they tell me that they use a Goodyear welt for their rubber soled shoes as it works...
All of my communication with them (except for when I met them in person) has been through shop@zonkeyboot.com I ordered a boot that was a smaller size than they normally make and there was no extra cost...you just have to wait for the shoe to be made. If I wanted the same boot with a rubber sole there would be a MTO fee.