Posts by SirWilliam

I am trying to find a good shoe tree my RM Williams boots and while my default cheap shoe tree (when I can't buy lasted ones) is a Woodlore Epic, have a hard time getting them into chelsea boots. I was surprised when these tension coil shoe trees came with my semi-bespoke Ed Et Als...but I have to say that they are the easiest trees to use in my boots that don't have lasted trees and I want to buy more of them. My question is are these bad for my boots? Should I get...
There is a pair of sunglasses by OP that I like but I cannot tell if they are any better than a Persol or Rayban made in the same factory possibly using the same Barberini optics. Is there anything that makes OPs nicer than the other two Luxottica brands I mentioned? For some reason it bugs me that much cheaper sunglasses are made on an adjacent line in the same factory. I have no problem spending the money on Mykita or IC Berlin because they are made in their own...
The store isn't closing and none of their other sale items were as interesting. There is only one store in Seattle that sells this sort of furniture so it would be a huge loss to the area if they disappeared.
I am doing the same upgrade from the 120 to the 220 pro. In the US upgrades started mid October (as far as I know). I paid for the upgrade and am awaiting my return shipping label. I have two 120s but I am going to start with one upgrade for a room that needs a sub...I wouldn't be upgrading if the 120 could power my JL sub. I am curious to see how different they are when the 220 arrives.
I found a "good" price for a PK-24 while I was visiting Seattle...if I didn't already have a similar piece I would have been tempted. It's a floor model...nothing wrong with it.
I got a price and as shown it's $9,500 before any trade discounts...I will see if it's cheaper to order directly from SpainThere is something anatomical about it...maybe I am only seeing in context with other pieces which are animal or bug-like.
I am not sure why I like this chair; it's ugly and zoomorphic. I am waiting to get a price. I wish there was a low back version.
I saw a familiar piece today while at lunch. The fit and finish is good. The woodwork isn't interesting like a piece from Ceccotti and some other brands wood focused brands but it's nice. I didn't like the high back but it was otherwise comfortable.
Sollos also comes in Elmo leathers. I will try to get some samples of their entire elegance line. BassamFellows recommend Elmo Baltique and Rustical as their high-end options but these are not smooth leathers. I will ask if Elmotique is a possibility.The leather is important to me though being a design thread maybe I should keep that to myself. This chair doesn't have to be a show piece it just has to be something I enjoy and the leather is a big part of that for me. ...
I suppose it is strange to pick the leather first but it's a piece for my home office so I want it to feel indulgent and leathers with a strong grain don't give me the feeling I want.I looked at pieces from Walter Knoll, Wittmann, and Linge Roset and I was surprised that they didn't offer the sort of leather I wanted. Brands that I know that offer this leather sort of leather would be Flexform, Baxter (Italy), De Sede, Poltrona Frau.The Walter Knoll leathers I received...