or Connect

Posts by SirWilliam

I am struggling to find a t-shirt I like. I used to love the Uniqlo "Premium Cotton" t-shirts which were my favorite...they discontinued those. Then I went for the Uniqulo "Supima" shirts which were second best...but now the new version of their Supima shirt is crap. I have tried Everlane and after 5 washes they look much worse than my Uniqulo t-shirts which have probably be washed 30+ times. I want a shirt that will survive the dryer without rolling collars, cuffs and...
I could but I don't really care for the look.
I managed to screw up this pair of JM Westons.   I went through my normal polish routine and then I thought I would add a little shine to the toe but my towel was too wet and now the right shoe (left in the picture) seems to be missing color. This shoe came with a distressed look to it where the leather is lighter in choice spots but this is a bit too much and I don't have what I need to fix it seems as the JM Weston creme polish isn't dark enough and the Saphir dark...
I have received some confusing information about hand-welted rubber sole shoes and I wanted to see if I could get a better understanding from the forum. I have spoken directly with Vass, Zonkey Boot, and Ed Et AL and they say they hand welt rubber soles to their shoes. Ed Et Al even does them with fiddleback waists. However I spoke with a craftsman at John Lobb (Jame's Street) and they tell me that they use a Goodyear welt for their rubber soled shoes as it works...
All of my communication with them (except for when I met them in person) has been through shop@zonkeyboot.com I ordered a boot that was a smaller size than they normally make and there was no extra cost...you just have to wait for the shoe to be made. If I wanted the same boot with a rubber sole there would be a MTO fee.
For sale is a pair of brand new Vass blue suede slippers in size 40 on the New Peter last (I think it is also called P2). These shoes have a Dainite sole and a finer stitched apron than Vass' standard penny loafers. I received these shoes today along with a couple of other shoes I special ordered directly from Vass. Unfortunately they are too big for me. Included are the original box dust bags and shoe trees. Now asking $360 shipped CONUS. I will ship internationally...
Thanks for the replies. Good to know that they generally run short....if this is the case though what do most people do? Are some of the lasts longer than others? They are made in England...though not horribly expensive at a full retail of 415 EURO. I got them 50% off which is an okay deal. I wore them again and they didn't bother me...maybe they are getting better as they break in.
I bought a pair of Trickers desert boots at Excelsior in Milan today. They were 50% off and tried a 7 and 6.5. The 7 felt loose and the 6.5 felt much better I walked around the store for a few minutes and they felt quite good so I decided to wear them out. After about 20 min of walking on cobblestone streets I noticed that my big toe was rubbing uncomfortably on the top of the toe box...damn. I have short wide feet with a high instep and have never had this problem...
I am thinking of getting a pair of Ashdowns for some up coming trips 1 week to a month long and I wonder if they would be okay for walking in all day. I normally bring two pairs of shoes (not including gym shoes) so I could rotate them out each day. Is this a bad idea? I had a pair of Ferragamos Vibram commando style sole that I loved but unfortunately the construction was garbage and re-gluing the sole no longer appealed to me so I threw them out. I wear Dainite sole...
Hi All, It's been a while since I have posted but I want to replace a pair of Ferragamos that are a cognac colored pebble grain derby with a fake commando sole...they have fallen apart AGAIN and I don't feel like another bandage fix. I have small feet (size 8 US) and the nice thing about the Ferragamo is that they have a thin commando style sole and a slightly more pointed toe than I suspect the higher quality English versions will have. For this reason I might be safer...