or Connect

Posts by AintDatRite

Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Thank You both! Monday AM, I'll be calling the state comptroller in Austin, Tx. You can use that link I provided to search online.. first click on Texas on the map and then click the 'seach' button near the top of the page (below the first paragraph). They would prefer you do your own search online - thats why they dump their data into a database. If you call, you are limited to only 3 name searches -...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Would you use one of the "services" or try to deal directly with the state? Absolutely deal with the state - its VERY simple. I have claimed various assets (from my parents estate and brothers' estates) over the last few years.. nothing to it other than filing a few forms. IF you deal with an 'agency', depending upon your state laws, they can charge you HALF of the amount as a 'finders fee'. Your state...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jekyll This doesn't really make sense. I mean, I kinda understand why they do it that way, but what if the employee watching is gay? Lets see... a male working in retail... hmmm... BUT, thats just how they've handled it so far. Its the same thing at the airport - if you refuse to walk through the full body scanner that basically shows 'all that you have' on the security monitors, you are searched by a same-sex TSA...
Quote: Originally Posted by longskate88 So you can have a view into a woman's dressing room, providing only a woman is watching, and there is no tape? I suppose no tape= no evidence though, correct? Yes, you can have a video monitoring system on the women's dressing room - as long as it is monitored by a female (men's dressing room monitored by a male). No, 'no tape = no evidence'. The eye witness' testimony, under oath, of the security...
Quote: Originally Posted by longskate88 Just one of those things I've always wondered about, say you were caught shoplifting from a department store, after one of their employees reviews a camera placed in the store.... Only caveat is is the camera was concealed, and/or in a place where cameras are not allowed (restroom, fitting room, etc). There was no notice of cameras being used in the area, and a reasonable person expects there to be no cameras in...
2009 Infiniti QX56 (daily driver) and 2009 Infiniti G37x AWD (both white and yeah, I did the two-fer deal after all).
Regardless of the shoe you select, if you arent rushed for time, you may want to wait until December 26th or so - when the big after Christmas sales hit. They are predicting HUGE discounts this year if the shopping doesnt improve in the next week before Christmas - and that doesnt look likely.
Quote: Originally Posted by Material Boy $54 million, Chung vs. Pearson http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/18/...uit/index.html That lawsuit was for FOUND pants. The pants were lost - and the judge told the dry cleaners to pay him $1000 - which he claimed was the price of the suit. A week later, the dry cleaners found the pants and, rather than pay him the $1000, tried to return them to the judge. Thats when he filed suit. The initial lawsuit...
Quote: Originally Posted by fredfred You aren't running your place correctly. If someone announces their resignation to others before you, it's a sign that something is wrong. Sure, the guys a dick for doing it - but the fact that he felt he needed to do it that way or could do it that way is a bad sign. You took a chance on hiring somebody who might bail. It could be a lot worse. He could have stole, taken customers away, planted bad rumors about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Composer_1777 How did you get all of that for 400 $ Check Costco, if you have one close... Costco's CEO said they are carrying a lot of Zegna items now, as well as other 'exclusive' brands, and are increasing their selections of 'high end' clothing daily.