or Connect

Posts by lagsun

Is it just the lighting or is the Summer Oxford tan suede different from the other two?
Quote: Originally Posted by acidboy ^ wow. first time I saw a breitling that I really liked. Discontinued model from the late 90s/early 2000.
I bought this BB clearance outlet shirt off of eBay for my wife but it's a little too tight for her. It's a white, straight collar, oxford cloth (Supima?), long sleeve shirt that has been worn and laundered once. Side gussets. Locker loop in back. Mother of pearl buttons. It's a very nice shirt. Tag marked inside tag to prevent retail store return. SOLD
I bought these Church's in Hong Kong in the mid 90s and have not worn them for the past decade at least. They are taking up space in my closet with cedar trees and there is little chance I will wear them again. The heel has been replaced and is unworn and the sole looks to have life left in them. There are creases, some nicks and scratches so if you're looking for a cheap beater/rainy day shoe then maybe this could be the pair if you topy them. Looking for around $50...
A pic of my vintage manual Rolex 6420 from 1958. Bought it in Hong Kong 16 years ago and never wear it. The dial was re-finished and just had it authenticated at my local Rolex AD. Will probably sell on TZ after replacing the strap. It's a boy's size I think and the second pic is next to my Breitling which is a mid-size at 35mm in diameter:
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgan Damn zippyh, that's a blowout week. I just picked up a pair of tan suede chukka boots on the Leydon last as seconds from Shoemart and put in an order for a pair of tan suede longwings on the Barrie last, similar to your West Eggs but lighter and bulkier, with Leather Soul. Should be another month or so wait on those. I have a pair of wingtip boots on the Leydon last in 8.5D. For the unlined suede chukka on...
Quote: Originally Posted by stumy John the fashion tailor in Oakland is pretty good for alterations. I've been impressed with his work and he's very affordable. Apparently he won't do working button holes on jackets, but for basic alternations, I've found him extremely competent. http://www.yelp.com/biz/john-the-fashion-tailor-oakland How about for altering a new blazer (i.e. waist suppression, sleeves, etc)?
Just remembered I took my new suit jacket to this place too after it was "tailored" in SF by BB. There was a collar bubble and an issue with the vent which they fixed quickly in time for me to attend a funeral a couple of days later. psguy, I've read on Yelp there is a place right near the Whole Foods on Newell called Arachne's Thimble? I never used her. If you find a good tailor near you then let me know as I live in Moraga.
I'm a noob when it comes to tailoring but I've been using Advanced European Tailoring on Addison in Berkeley (off Shattuck near University) recently to tailor a sportcoat, some pants and shirts. I'm happy with their work and their shop is sort of on my way to work. There are a number of reviews on Yelp and I think I saw them mentioned on SF when I did a search. Good luck.
Quote: Originally Posted by ANIKETOS Agree 100%..I would put the new black LV leather strap on it,would look amazing Removed the stainless bracelet and put on the aftermarket black carbon strap which is more casual/sporty IMHO. I guess I can still wear the original and well-worn black leather strap too.