or Connect

Posts by lagsun

Thanks. I purchased them from SF member HorseHide. I heard these were a special makeup for Alden DC but don't quote me on it.
Starting to like the Grant last more. Apologies for the crappy iPhone photo in flourescent office lighting. Cigar captoe boots with commando sole & Marcoliani OTC cotton socks purchased on B&S.
Would you say it's a fall/winter weight jacket as the website states? I live in California so would prefer something I can wear year round. Thx.
SF is killing my bank account. I just started following this thread and now I want to buy a bunch of things. Plus the watch pics make we want to purchase an Omega again too...
AAI purchased these shoes new off eBay a couple of years ago but they are no longer in my rotation. My guess is they were originally from the BB clearance center as one of the soles is marked against return. These are the BB Peal & Co Algonquins but with a double leather sole instead of a Danite sole. They were made by C&J and are on the 325 last. IMHO, they fit TTS. There is a lot of life left in these shoes as I only wore these to work which consisted of a short walks...
Another option is the AF84 Brown wingtip boot from Alden of Carmel on the Barrie last with commando sole...
It always happens. I pull the trigger on one shoe and another one comes along that I want to buy. Must start saving again....
Thanks. I'm really liking your pics on the Epaulet thread. I'm going to have to pick up some clothes from them...
Never seen the Roy but what he said. All my Aldens are on the Barrie last and I'm liking the waterlock sole better than crepe. In fact, I'm thinking of sending my ShoeMart seconds Brown suede chukkas with crepe soles to Alden restoration to be resoled with a waterlock sole.
My new Brown Chromexcel Pitt Boots from LeatherSoul. I was in the Waikiki store last week in complete beach bum wear and had a very nice chat with Kuni, but couldn't make up my mind on what to buy. When I returned to the Mainland, Kuni helped tracked down the boots for me (on his day off) and then Bryan @ LSBH shipped them out with complimentary shipping in CA. I really appreciate the great service I received on my first purchase from LS!