or Connect

Posts by lagsun

I run in the early morning darkness for most of the year and never got use to wearing a headlamp. I carry a very small LED flashlight that is waterproof and has a clip so I can attach it to my waistband when it gets lighter out...
About 32 minutes this morning after taking the last 4 days off due to an old calf injury. It sucks getting old....
Reposting this after putting in the wrong the wrong forum. I purchased this belt direct from Tanner Goods but realized I don't like wearing 1.5" wide belts and it's also a bit too big for me. The belt has been worn a number of times but is still in excellent condition. PLEASE NOTE MEASUREMENTS: While this is labeled a 32 on the back of the belt, it measures to around 34.5" to the third hole. The color is Havana (close to chocolate brown) and it comes with the stainless...
Is there a way to switch where a listing is posted? By mistake I listed something in the main Buying and Selling thread instead of the Streetwear & Denim B&S thread. If not is it OK to close the original and repost in the S&D thread once I'm bump eligible?
I have no clue on the shoe biz. My primary assumption is since they make a lot more $$ producing new shoes than doing restoration jobs they would rather not deal with restoration requests at all. I wonder what % of their revenue and profit are restoration jobs. Single digits?And if they are really that inefficient then it seems to make even more business sense for them to just focus on making new shoes, which is a whole other issue
Been lurking on this thread for a while and thought I'd finally jump in. Long time (now masters) runner not successfully combating the slowing effects of age. Now redirecting my racing efforts to cheering on my son who runs for his high school. Currently train in racing flats and trying to transition into more minimal shoes (less than 6mm drop). Ran this morning around the grass soccer field at the local college for about 25 minutes or roughly 3.4 miles in XC racing flats.
Not trying to be an Alden apologist and not saying it's right, but I'm wondering if the new restoration policy is due to the increased popularity of their products. Since they seem to be having a hard time meeting demand, are the profit margins so much higher for a pair of new shoes/boots that it's not worthwhile for Alden to divert resources to do special restoration jobs?As imatlas points out, after factoring in all the costs for restoring (trees, shipping, materials,...
I purchased this belt direct from Tanner Goods but realized I don't like wearing 1.5" wide belts and it's a bit too big for me. The belt has been worn a number of times but is still in excellent condition. PLEASE NOTE MEASUREMENTS: While this is labeled a 32 on the back of the belt, it measures to around 34.5" to the third hole. The color is Havana (close to chocolate brown) and it comes with the stainless steel roller buckle in nickel. You can read more about the belt...
Do you have a picture of the writing inside the shoe? Just trying to figure out who make this shoe for them. Thx.
If you're looking for a #8 wingtip boot but don't like the crepe sole then AoC has them with a commando sole on the Leydon last here. I also noticed he has an overstock AF74 #8 pebble grain wing tip boot, Barrie last, commando sole in 11.5D for $575.Also Epaulet has the Brixton Ravello wingtip boot for pre-order in 12D. No speedhooks, barrie last and double leather soles. Rumor is he will do it in Cigar too.BTW, I'm in no way affiliated with AoC or Epaulet. I just like...